what is going on with my simulator

My sim has always ran very smooth and never no problems. Just in the last few days I am loading software very slowly, and then when I pick a flight, I am stuttering, sound is choppy, and a airplane is lagging behind my imputs. Can not even get off the ground. It is Sunday morning, finally had a day for flight time and I am spending over 4 hours trying to figure this out.

I undated Video Card, and checked sound drivers....they are all up to date.

Any suggestions?

Is Steam having problems today? or lately.

Really could use some help if possible.

specs

Intell@core i-7 -107000, 8-core 3.8GHz turbo, NVIDIA GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 16 GBDDR4 -3000MHz memory, 480GB solid state drive, 1TB SATA III hard drive, Windows 10. Using 17 goflight modules, CH yoke and pedals, 49” monitor, 2-19” monitors and one 27” for a over head panel…if ever we get a over head panel that will detach and move.

Sounds like a background process, possibly antivirus, is interrupting the sim functions.

Check that your MSFS directory is in your antivirus exceptions/whitelist, and add it if not.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I did find the culprit. After chasing game issues that didn't exist, and then I reloaded the sim....165gig over 6hrs, I figured out that my water cooled CPU was overheating. When I did a reboot, I got a warning. It appears that Windows 10 does not have a CPU monitor in the software (at least not temp reading) so I only got it in bios during startup.

Bought new water cooler radiator and cooler....I am running like a champ. 30-40C during low flying, high graphics.

Just keep in mind, it is not always the MSFS software. Many times I have seen people complain about MSFS and then you look at the specs....that is the problem. OR the CPU is over heating....:)

hobbitrocks