Let Me Count the Ways . . .

. . . in which they can mess up a routine update.

Installed WU X (USA) and took off from my home KDCA. The DC Mall was completely messed up, a geometric pattern instead of the grass, and the Kennedy Center was missing entirely. So shut down, went to my Community Folder, and removed the freeware Washington Landmarks from Drizewswicki designs. I thought there might be a conflict.

Reopened, and went back to KDCA and took off. Same thing! The add-on apparently had nothing to do with it.

Any suggestions? Seems to me the update screwed up what was there before.

I would also suggest a reboot as well. Strange things happen when you don't reboot :)
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Installed WU X (USA) and took off from my home KDCA. The DC Mall was completely messed up, a geometric pattern instead of the grass, and the Kennedy Center was missing entirely. So shut down, went to my Community Folder, and removed the freeware Washington Landmarks from Drizewswicki designs. I thought there might be a conflict.

Reopened, and went back to KDCA and took off. Same thing! The add-on apparently had nothing to do with it.

Did you also look for updates in the Marketplace and the Content Manager?

Did you clear the cache in the sim? Made sure the online scenery is enabled?

I have no idea what your first sentence means, or how to do whatever it is. (Oh, have I mentioned there's no manual?)

Second sentence: Yes, of course. Bing and photogrammetry.

Did you also look for updates in the Marketplace and the Content Manager?

Thanks for reply, but I fail to see what looking for updates has anything at all to do with a problem encountered after a new update, WU X.

And anyway, yes, of course.

I have no idea what your first sentence means, or how to do whatever it is. (Oh, have I mentioned there's no manual?)

Second sentence: Yes, of course. Bing and photogrammetry.

I’m referring to the Rolling Cache, which is managed in the Data settings. See the guide below for more details.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019202439-All-versions-How-to-delete-the-Rolling-Cache-and-the-Manual-Cache

I have Washington Landmarks from Drizewswicki (Payware) installed in the Community folder. After installing Update X the sim stopped loading before the setup screen came up. I went back and removed Washington Landmarks from the Community folder, and the sim started and ran normally. I guess we now have to wait for a combatibility update for the Landmarks!

I have Washington Landmarks from Drizewswicki (Payware) installed in the Community folder. After installing Update X the sim stopped loading before the setup screen came up. I went back and removed Washington Landmarks from the Community folder, and the sim started and ran normally. I guess we now have to wait for a combatibility update for the Landmarks!

It's Drzewiecki, to be exact ;)

No, seriously: I do also have their Washington Landmarks installed and I don't experience any freeze, but certainly there are features duplicate after WU X, for example the Jefferson Memorial (both version partially overlap). Just make sure Washington Landmarks is below the MS/asobo stuff in your Content.xml.

I also have their Seattle and Chicago Landmarks, as well as their Renton Muni Airport and haven't detected any critical issue there, but it's early to tell.

Drzewiecki are very committed to keep their products updated (and very good at it), so I'm sure they'll come out with the required updates as soon as possible. Just keep an eye on their support forum:

https://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=32&sid=025cc19748c61c648c835977e2ac37b1

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)