Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something "checking my browser" prior to going over to Flightsim.com

Default Something "checking my browser" prior to going over to Flightsim.com

All of a sudden, when I try to get onto Flightsim.com I get a screen saying it is checking my browser before sending me over to Flightsim.com. It takes around 4-5 seconds and then over I go. What is happening here? Something new on the site, or is this a scam of one sort or another?

Not a scam- I recently read something here about that, though I don't find that note now, but it's legit. Nels or Rick might comment here soon...

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Once again, we have had to enable our defenses to block thousands
    of spammers, hackers, etc. You are seeing a Cloudflare Captcha that
    is helping keep the bad guys out.
    Best Regards,
    Rick

Correct. I have this enabled on my registration page on my website.

Help is the operative word here. By far the best Cloudflare rule you can use is by checking for the request method. By in large, a forum like this and mine just use GET & POST. Anything else and it's a 403/503 for you, buddy.

Also, the HTTP version check will help. Nothing modern? Then toss. Think HTTP version 1 and/or HTTP version 1.1/1.2. Once I feel like most traffic doesn't use version 2 anymore I'll nuke it as well. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP/3

Keep in mind your origin IP is probably already exposed... It negates Cloudflare, really. You'd have to use ACLs or IPtables and block ALL except Cloudflare... Stay abreast of their list, which thankfully doesn't change all the time. Your SSH and FTP port should use port knocking if possible. Or just allow certain IP addresses. I use a VPN IP and only one VPN IP I know never changes for backup purposes in case my IP whitelist strategy for things goes awry. Certificates for SFTP and SSH terminal should be used. No standard issue password entry.

Anyway...
    Last edited by CRJ_simpilot; 06-13-2022 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    Correct. I have this enabled on my registration page on my website.

Help is the operative word here. By far the best Cloudflare rule you can use is by checking for the request method. By in large, a forum like this and mine just use GET & POST. Anything else and it's a 403/503 for you, buddy.

Also, the HTTP version check will help. Nothing modern? Then toss. Think HTTP version 1 and/or HTTP version 1.1/1.2. Once I feel like most traffic doesn't use version 2 anymore I'll nuke it as well. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP/3

Keep in mind your origin IP is probably already exposed... It negates Cloudflare, really. You'd have to use ACLs or IPtables and block ALL except Cloudflare... Stay abreast of their list, which thankfully doesn't change all the time. Your SSH and FTP port should use port knocking if possible. Or just allow certain IP addresses. I use a VPN IP and only one VPN IP I know never changes for backup purposes in case my IP whitelist strategy for things goes awry. Certificates for SFTP and SSH terminal should be used. No standard issue password entry.

Anyway...
    Absolutely!
    Agree with all of that CRJ.

As post editing is not working at the moment, I just want to say my comment to CRJs post was ment in a light hearted way.

Socks

I see dis.....rutroh!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-13 10.55.15 AM.png 
Views:	134 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	230360
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Her-ratio
    Absolutely!
    Agree with all of that CRJ.������

If this was posted using a "smart device", the emoticons (Emoji) didn't parse and are just a Unicode special placer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specials_(Unicode_block)

And you're not required to understand, and no one is required to heed my advice. Some do, some don't. For those that don't I pity your very soul. LOL Well, I've been interested in Cybersecurity, hacking (software/hardware) for a very, very long time. Back in Jr High I used to try to break the school's At Ease connected Macintosh computers. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At_Ease

Want some delicious and/or scrumdiddlyumptious fun? Check this out: https://jurassicsystems.com/

Hint: Enter the command: display zebraGirl.jpg You're welcome.

Edit-

At ease is a military command which means you can move about, talk and what have you but you can't move your right foot. That's most like why that Macintosh OS desktop replacement was called At Ease. I was in ROTC. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Last edited by CRJ_simpilot; 06-14-2022 at 05:06 AM.

At ease is a military command which means you can move about, talk and what have you but you can't move your right foot.
    Nope! You may not talk with AT EASE. AT REST is the one that lets you talk, otherwise the same as AT EASE. Either command is only given when you are at the position of attention.

If not in formation or at attention from a formal report or such, then AT EASE is often used to quiet a group.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Quote Originally Posted by lnuss View Post
    Nope! You may not talk with AT EASE. AT REST is the one that lets you talk, otherwise the same as AT EASE. Either command is only given when you are at the position of attention.

If not in formation or at attention from a formal report or such, then AT EASE is often used to quiet a group.
    Absolutely! DISMISSED is the command where you can move about, talk, and go about your business!
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast