Flight Velocity trim wheel - new install

My replacement for the stolen trim wheel arrived a little while ago. Installation was 'relatively' plug and play. Caveat - my Logitech yoke system won't power it up using one of the two open usb ports in the yoke.......which kinda stinks. For now I have the trim wheel plugged into an available usb port at the back of my desktop. I may invest in a powered usb hub, Amazon has one that looks good for about $20.

Other than that glitch, FS2020 recognized it immediately and I was able to set it up as the elevator 100% trim device without any issue. I made a brief flight in a 152 to confirm it was operating properly - needed to remove the 'reverse trim' option under Controls- and it is a very precise and EASY way to trim out the plane. Much more intuitive and simple than using assigned buttons on the yoke.

I like it. Though at $100 USD I wouldn't call it 'economical' - lol - less so when you have to buy it twice.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

This worked for me at college. My dorm floor was getting burglarized regularly. My room was obviously soon to be hit. I decided to teach the perp not to mess with the science major. I got some ninhydrin donated by one of my professors and some score hair gel. I mixed the two and applied this liberally to a paper weight, and placed that on top of a $10.00 bill in my dorm drawer. Ninhydrin reacts with the amino acid groups in skin to produce a bright purple colored skin that lasts for about 3 weeks. Sure enough, my room was hit, the last room hit!! I notified the cafeteria staff but he never showed up. I had the satisfaction to know he went hungry for about 3 weeks. I did not realize there was dye in a $10.00 bill that contained an amine compound. I had to go to the bank to exchange a $10.00 bill with a bright purple ring around the center. We never had a burglar after that!!
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

...it is a very precise and EASY way to trim out the plane. Much more intuitive and simple than using assigned buttons on the yoke.

I've had it for several weeks now and it works much better than the small trim wheel on my Logitech multipanel.

Occasionally, the Flight Velocity wheel has gone on the fritz mid-flight -- in the Simworks Kodiak 100 for the most part. In a couple of instances, the Kodiak's in-sim trim wheel began spinning like a roulette wheel while making a sort of ratcheting sound, and no adjustment of the Flight Velocity wheel on my end would fix it. (I had to grit my teeth and grip my Logitech flight yoke instead.) I made a discovery the other day, however. I found I could stop Kodiak's in-sim wheel from spinning by fiddling with the Flight Velocity wheel's adjustment knob and then returning the Kodiak wheel to its neutral position (white line straight up). This, while still (one) hand-flying the plane.

Before I take off in any plane, I check the cockpit to make sure that the in-sim trim wheel (assuming there is one) is already in a neutral position. If it isn't, I turn the Flight Velocity wheel until it is. This usually works to avoid problems mid-flight.

If you're running short on USB slots, I would recommend investing in a powered hub. I have a four-port hub. It wasn't expensive, and I find it's more convenient to plug my flight peripherals into an accessible hub instead of the back of my big gaming desktop.

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

My $20 powered USB hub arrives tomorrow from Amazon.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Just a quick followup - the inexpensive powered USB hub works a treat. Plenty of power for four accessories and it has a separate charging port too. FWIW - this is the one I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083XTKV8V?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details