no jetways showing

drfrost

Just want to make sure. The complexity slider is at max? Note that having all of your settings at max may cause issues. Back in 2019 I was flying into Cape Town from the North and kept getting a crash to desktop about 10 NM from Cape Town. The error I kept getting was the following:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3

Faulting module name: terrain.dll, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e180d

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0004d68d

Faulting process id: 0x14a4

Faulting application path: C:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\FSX\terrain.dll

The solution? Don't use high settings for autogen and scenery complexity. I currently use "Very dense" for autogen and scenery complexity. One notch from max. I'm assuming the error was due to a corrupt bitmap or something related to terrain. I have went into my entire FSX directory and converted and checked bitmaps, but I have yet to fly near Cape Town again to see if that fixed the issue or not.

You might want to verify all of the jetway textures exist in your FSX installation. They are not library objects like the jetways.bgl file found in FS2004. To verify if you have all of the textures, download and install Everything.exe from voidtools here. (You can use the non installer portable version).

Now in Everything enter the following in the search box:

jetways .dds
(There is a space which is an AND operation).

You should see the following ten files:

https://i.postimg.cc/3RcPLbvH/jetways.jpg

Note the size and dates and their sub directory.

I'm assuming those ten jetway texture files are universally used throughout the whole game.

If all of those are in place, size, dates, and sub directory, then it could be an add-on, module or even your FSX install path. There are lots of variables.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot