Saving a flight with add-ons

Hi Guys,

I'm probably wanting the impossible, but no harm in asking!

I know how to save a flight so I can restart at any time, but can this include other associated software?

To be specific, I'd like to save a FSX flight whilst at the departure gate with the following:

PMDG 747, ActiveSky Next, Multicrew Experience, Radar Contact.

Obviously I need to select a flight plan and load necessary fuel for my intended destination,

but I'd like to avoid the rigmarole of starting and configuring all the various products mentioned.

Is this possible, please?

You cannot save a flight in FSX and expect those external programs to be saved also. And ASN, McE, and RC do not need to be configured each time you start FSX.
http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

I don't use the programs you mentioned; but, if those add-ons are individual programs, you might be able to do what you want to in Windows with a batch (bat) file. Consider this at your own risk.

You can create a bat file with Notepad to automatically start multiple programs.

In my case I use this bat file to automatically start two programs, FSRealWx and FSX.

@echo off

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\FSrealWX"

start FSrealWX.exe

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X"

start fsx.exe

exit

These lines were entered in Notepad and I saved it as an executable bat file with the title, "Start Real Weather and FSX.bat"

Clicking on this file or its desktop shortcut will start both programs. The weather loads and then FSX loads with the default flight.

By changing lines 2 through 4 and/or adding lines for your own programs, you can create a custom bat file to load multiple programs.

A batch file, part of Microsoft DOS, is a script file that stores commands to be executed in a serial order. It helps automate routine tasks without requiring user input or intervention. Some common applications of batch files include loading programs, running multiple processes or performing repetitive actions in a sequence in the system.

For an in depth description see: "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batch_file"

If you try this and have questions beyond these notes, I can't be of much help. What you see here is all I know about bat files.

Have fun.

Edited by Ray Hff
typo

Wow you got FSX running ok in C/Progam Files (x86)! Thats a first lol

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Thanks for your thoughts, as I feared it seems a non-starter.

@mrzippy: I did try the usual FSX save but only FSX was saved, I was hoping there might be an easy way to save the lot.

@JSkorna: Configured might be the wrong word, but they still have to be loaded and information, such as flight plan, entered.

@Ray Hff: I'm afraid that's way over my head, sorry you put so much effort into your reply but I hope it might help someone else.

@pomak249: No idea why you think my FSX is in C/Progam Files (x86), it's actually in its own partition (F for Flight Sim!) in a separate SSD.

Thanks again for all your help everyone, it's very much appreciated.

Your bat file clearly states C.....x86????

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

My bad i should have made it clear my reply was for Ray hff! Glad it works for you Ray not many have managed it here

@Ray Hff: I'm afraid that's way over my head, sorry you put so much effort into your reply but I hope it might help someone else.

It's just command line code written in a human readable file saved with the extension .bat. When that .bat file is double clicked, the code in it fires off in succession which according to his code there starts the weather engine called FSrealWX and FSX at the same time.

Your bat file clearly states C.....x86????

I believe FSX defaults to that path upon installation...

Not really a good idea with any OS over XP... Should be C:\FSX (or insert your alternative drive letter here _____)

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

Windows separates and creates two different directories, one for 32-bit programs and the other for 64-bit programs. The Program Files stores all the 64-bit programs and the Program Files (x86) stores all the 32-bit programs. x86 stands for different processor types, i.e. 286, 386, 486, 586/Pentium.

The separation of folders has been created to avoid the problems and issues that can occur when a 32-bit program tries to be executed by a 64-bit component.

The popular 64-bit Windows versions also install the programs to the Program Files folder only. But the 64-bit versions of Windows also support 32-bit programs, and Microsoft doesn’t want 32-bit and 64-bit software mixing up in the same location. Whenever any program is installed by the user on a system with a 64-bit CPU, the folder of it usually goes for the 64-bit content. Whenever a 32-bit program tries to utilize the 64-bit component, it is going to face many issues and problems. So what the developers did with the Windows was very smart. The Windows separated and created two different directories of the 32-bit program and 64-bit program. The Program Files stores all the 64-bit programs and the Program Files (x86) stores all the 32-bit programs. x86 stands for different processor types, i.e. 286, 386, 486, 586/Pentium.