Did WU IX Cause Weirdness?

I've enjoyed WU IX's enhancements of cities, and especially all the people in places like Piazza S. Marco and Il Vaticano. But the trade-off seems to be a dramatic deterioration in vertical surfaces, like the landscape near Sorrento in my screenshot. (If you go closer, it gets better.)

Is this because the scenery in WU IX is too dense for my rig? I haven't yet seen this problem outside Italy.

i7-8700 3.7 GHz

GeForce GTX 1070 Ti; 8GB onboard

AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 LGA 1151 ATX motherboard

16GB RAM

2 TB hard drive

27” MSI gaming monitor

Weird Topography.jpg

I've enjoyed WU IX's enhancements of cities, and especially all the people in places like Piazza S. Marco and Il Vaticano. But the trade-off seems to be a dramatic deterioration in vertical surfaces, like the landscape near Sorrento in my screenshot. (If you go closer, it gets better.)

Is this because the scenery in WU IX is too dense for my rig? I haven't yet seen this problem outside Italy.

i7-8700 3.7 GHz

GeForce GTX 1070 Ti; 8GB onboard

AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 LGA 1151 ATX motherboard

16GB RAM

2 TB hard drive

27” MSI gaming monitor

Your P.C. should be quite capable. I haven't tried it yet with my sim, but I fly mostly state side so let's hope nothing will happen with mine. Sorry I can't be much help.

I've noticed the trees, too. For one example, the rooftop terrace on the FAO Bldg. in Rome has trees growing up the side of the building and onto it.

But to be clear: If I approach these vertical surfaces, they eventually disappear. It seems the sim isn't loading them completely until you're right on top of them. I haven't seen this in areas outside Italy, and in Italy only after WU IX.

This afternoon I took off from Naples & headed for the cliffs at Sorrento. I’m running quite a powerful rig but I too was seeing what you’re seeing, with the scenery popping out as you get close.

It’s clearly a fault.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Assuming that others are seeing the same ( I haven't flown in that area yet) then this definitely needs reporting to Asobo via a Zendesk ticket.

These sorts of anomalies are real immersion killers. One of my own bug bears is vertical water shown on coastal cliffs.

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk