Down Error 0.0 B of 0.0 B

Anyone else encountered this? Was working fine last night. This morning, while trying to start up sim:

"Your Game Needs Some Updates 2 total"

"Digital Owership 10.0 of 10.0"

Microsoft Flight Simulator" "Error 0.0B of 0.0B"

Game won't start.

Any ideas? Any help greatly appreciated.

Anyone else encountered this? Was working fine last night. This morning, while trying to start up sim:

"Your Game Needs Some Updates 2 total"

"Digital Owership 10.0 of 10.0"

Microsoft Flight Simulator" "Error 0.0B of 0.0B"

Game won't start.

Any ideas? Any help greatly appreciated.

There was an update (I think it was yesterday??), or perhaps Tuesday??

Anyways, log out of the MS Store account, reboot, then log back in and see if that corrects things

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

There was an update (I think it was yesterday??), or perhaps Tuesday??

Anyways, log out of the MS Store account, reboot, then log back in and see if that corrects things

I had the same problem this morning, Thursday the 12. I have a single clik icon on my task bar and when I tried to start the sim I got that same widow (and fancy too) with the "Your game needs some updates". But nothing happens! One download progress bar is green and says 'Completed' the other bar says 'Completed' but is not green. I went immediately to my 'Microsoft Store' app and found there were no updates available there either. I have another icon on my desktop and when I doubled cliked that icon the same thing happened. However, when I right clicked the icon and chose to 'Run as administrator', the sim opened up without any problem and there were no updates when it came the update page in the starting sequence.

I really can't explain why that is so, but at least I am again flying.

I had the same problem this morning, Thursday the 12. I have a single clik icon on my task bar and when I tried to start the sim I got that same widow (and fancy too) with the "Your game needs some updates". But nothing happens! One download progress bar is green and says 'Completed' the other bar says 'Completed' but is not green. I went immediately to my 'Microsoft Store' app and found there were no updates available there either. I have another icon on my desktop and when I doubled cliked that icon the same thing happened. However, when I right clicked the icon and chose to 'Run as administrator', the sim opened up without any problem and there were no updates when it came the update page in the starting sequence.

I really can't explain why that is so, but at least I am again flying.

Yes This works. Don't know why but running as admin works. Got me a little scared. Am I missing a d/l? Doesn't make sense.

Yes This works. Don't know why but running as admin works. Got me a little scared. Am I missing a d/l? Doesn't make sense.

I'm a little confused myself. I am worried that I don't have the latest updates but I checked on the 'Microsoft Flight Simulator Forum' web site to find which is the latest version we should be using and it is 1.25.9.0 and that is what I have on my computer (PC). Sooo...What the 'ell!!!

I had a MS gaming services update this morning. No problems opening the sim around noon.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I notice the first splash screen now looks like it’s from MS Flight Simulator 95! Well, the logo & font does anyway.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I notice the first splash screen now looks like it’s from MS Flight Simulator 95! Well, the logo & font does anyway.

Regards

Steve

At least we know the sim/game is loading :)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

At least we know the sim/game is loading :)

When I opened MSFS it said, I was not up to date. To "update" button pulled up a screen that said, "Microsoft was updated 10.0 to 10.0. Then it said, Flight simulator was not updated, 0.0B to 0.0B. Sounds like, to me, nothing to nothing. Froze up and would not allow me to enter. However, when I start as administrator, all is ok. Kind of crazy. Oh well, it works... so far.