Returning to my old ways? Flight Sims & Kit

Sky Pirate

Hi there everyone, as I'm sure you can see somewhere I'm new here.

Many years ago (in another life) I was a pilot of Light Aircraft, Gliders & Hang Gliders, I also went through a number of the Microsoft Flight Sim progs finishing with SF X. My old kit I stashed in storage about 7 years or more ago. I have now dusted it off, removed all spiders and picked up my copy of Flight Sim X. I loaded it onto my Win 10 sys laptop and the Saitek kit was working. That was a pleasant surprise! (well almost).

The idea being to show my grandchildren what it was like. However it didn't go ALL Swings and roundabouts as I cant get the Saitek "Switch Panel" to function. I've tried updating drivers etc but no success there. My next move will be to open it up and see if there is any internal fuses or similar that need replacing.

That's not the end of my story though. The MSFS 2020 looks like it's quite a good programme and great graphics, so guess what I'm now dipping my toe into the water with that too. But hey for someone who is not a computer wizard and grew up in another era on what seems a different planet I have so very much to learn before I take my Grandchildren on a flight over Disney Orlando or the Grand Canyon via my front room!

Anyway Hi to you all, GEAR DOWN and cup of tea time.

Regards