Corrupt Cab files

Hi

I am trying to reinstall fsx It wouldn't let me install Disk 2 so I copied disk 1 and disk 2 to hard drive.

Kept getting an error saying D2feat Cab 1 and D2feat Cab 17 files are corrupt.

Unable to install is there anyway of downloading these files from anywhere please.

Thank you hope someone can help.

Bartsimp

Type 'd2feat cab1 error fsx' into google you''ll be amazed at what comes up!

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Type 'd2feat cab1 error fsx' into google you''ll be amazed at what comes up!

Thank you i did google the error and tried copying disks to hard drive as suggested but it wont copy cab1 and cab17

says input output error stripping file.

i have tried other dvd drives but still get the same error I cant see anything obvious on the surface of disk2

have tried search for above file on line but nothing comes up.

Thanks again for reply.

Bart

Did you try the reset tool? You may only require a rewrite of an entry in your registry - cant remember the exact action but its a well known issue

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Thank you i did google the error and tried copying disks to hard drive as suggested but it wont copy cab1 and cab17

says input output error stripping file.

i have tried other dvd drives but still get the same error I cant see anything obvious on the surface of disk2

have tried search for above file on line but nothing comes up.

Thanks again for reply.

Bart

Your local video game store might have a disk repair service, where they can grind out scratches in the disk surface with a special machine, like this shop in the UK: https://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...ducts-Services

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

pomak249,

'i5 4690 (350mhz)' Really!!????? (UnderClocked? hehe).

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Nice one! Realised i should of got the K version later, its a good rig but old now compared to the super rigs around for MSFS. Runs my FSX fab