I've encountered this mysterious plane several times at various airports, including this close encounter at Lyon Bron today. Has anyone else seen this aircraft? And what's up with it?

Mystery plane.jpg

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Hi Steve,

You’ve got some textures missing. I found a thread about this on the avsim forum..

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/609071-pink-textures/

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi Steve,

You’ve got some textures missing. I found a thread about this on the avsim forum..

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/609071-pink-textures/

Regards

Steve

You mean this one aircraft out my windscreen is missing textures? Why not others? When I see this, there's never a problem with the liveries of the planes I'm flying; they're fine.

Edited by Aptosflier
HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

You’re using add-on liveries though, yes? Some say that the textures correct themselves as they get closer (which would explain why your own planes are fine)

As well as the posts on the avsim forum, there are also posts about it on the official forum..

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/wings-are-now-pink-since-su5/429786

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

You’re using add-on liveries though, yes? Some say that the textures correct themselves as they get closer (which would explain why your own planes are fine)

As well as the posts on the avsim forum, there are also posts about it on the official forum..

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/wings-are-now-pink-since-su5/429786

Regards

Steve

I’m using a couple of add-on aircraft with their own liveries. In this case, I saw this weird plane from the cockpit of my add-on Daher Kodiak 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m using a couple of add-on aircraft with their own liveries. In this case, I saw this weird plane from the cockpit of my add-on Daher Kodiak 100.

I had another aircraft with similar results. It's white was showing up pink, which we know is just not right! :o

I had another aircraft with similar results. It's white was showing up pink, which we know is just not right! :o

The liveries of the planes I’m “flying” aren’t messed up. It’s just the occasional weird livery of a parked generic plane that I see. For example, when I switch to exterior view, the livery of my plane is okay, but the generic plane’s livery in the exterior view is all pink and white squares.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]230070[/ATTACH]

This is your SWS Kodiak 100 appearing as an AI aircraft, without textures for some reason.

To stop it appearing as an AI aircraft, open the aircraft.cfg file with Notepad and check each livery section - [FLTSIM.0] onwards - for these two lines:

isAirTraffic=1

canBeUsedByAITraffic=1

Change them both to:

isAirTraffic=0

canBeUsedByAITraffic=0

Save and close the file.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

This is your SWS Kodiak 100 appearing as an AI aircraft, without textures for some reason.

To stop it appearing as an AI aircraft, open the aircraft.cfg file with Notepad and check each livery section - [FLTSIM.0] onwards - for these two lines:

isAirTraffic=1

canBeUsedByAITraffic=1

Change them both to:

isAirTraffic=0

canBeUsedByAITraffic=0

Save and close the file.

Too complicated for me, thanks. I’ll live with it.