PMDG 737 Speculation Thread

They DID say it would be less expensive, that we'd likely be happy with the pricing... whatever that means!!

Remember, this wasn't pumped out in a month. Rather, 24 months (or thereabouts) of raw development time was needed for this one.

I mean, generally speaking if you get more quality, you generally pay more than for a fly-by... but in FS world that's just not always the case... case in point $15 for the CS C-130, that would be rejected by most if it were freeware...

I think it'll be $30 for the first variant you buy, then an additional $10 for the rest of the variants. So if you just want one, the $30 is all you pay. Want a 600, 700, 800 and 900, then it'll be $60. But it could be vastly different than my quarter-assed guess!!

Or maybe it's $20 for each variant. So $80 for all four variants, but only $40 if you just want two, and $20 if you can just afford one.

I dunno!!

Hmm, well that's ok for a top product.

Not sure about the pricing for additional variants though... guess we'll have to wait and see!!

One thing is, if you've bought some PMDG products in past, you MIGHT have a special credit on your account! Some people bought so much product in the past, that the latest 737 for MSFS is free and bit of credit remaining, so go check if you have bought their products in the past!!

There it is! Purchased and waiting on download links. It was, in fact, $69.99.

However, the PMDG site is so overloaded I can't download it. Suppose I'll wait until tomorrow.

I'm one bummed out virtual pilot.

Edited by tirith63

Finally able to download. The license agreement is pretty draconian - almost afraid to use it. Might be my last product from them.

I'm SHOCKED to hear that - but thanks for the feed back!

So anybody pick this beauty up yet? Lots of review vids on YouTube including by real pilots. Seems incredibly difficult for a beginner like myself so I’m currently passing on this.
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Finally able to download. The license agreement is pretty draconian - almost afraid to use it. Might be my last product from them.

Can you elaborate?

I'm truly on the fence about this. The initial price is not as bad as first thought but still going to have issues getting that by the wife. Then there's the whole save/load game issues still plaguing MSFS which make long flights unpredictable.

Might wait and see if it turns up in the Marketplace or via Steam as in the case of the latter I can buy a couple of £20 gift cards from my cash stash and the missus will never know!

Vern.