Galapagos Islands

Volcanic craters found on Fernandina and Isabela Islands, Galapagos

Tours begin from Isabela Airport (SEII).

Scenic level of detail not too bad with Bing Data turned ON. Well, on my PC

I'm pleased with the terrain quality at altitude. There's

no wildlife detail that I can see at ground level just yet.

Click on images for larger view.

Darwin-Volcanic-Crater-3.jpg

Wolf-and-Tagus.jpg

La_Cumbre_Isla_Fernandina.jpg

Pitts_Special_S2S_Isla_Tortuga_Galapagos2.jpg

Extra_330LT_Livery_1__Cuatro_Hermanos_3.jpg

CerroAzul.jpg

Isla_Isabela.jpg

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

Thank you RI_Red:

You wouldn't happen to be in Rhode Island? I mean, the Red Chicken is the state bird. And, that's where I grew up, the family lives around Cumberland and Central Falls:)

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

Wow, thanks very much for posting these excellent shots! :cool::cool::cool: I installed a freeware scenery for FSX, looked promissing on the pics, but the installation went wrong I guess, tried it several times but gave up....:( You can't have it all. I'm glad it looks so good in

MSFS.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you RI_Red:

You wouldn't happen to be in Rhode Island? I mean, the Red Chicken is the state bird. And, that's where I grew up, the family lives around Cumberland and Central Falls:)

Yes sir, I sure am! The biggest little state in the union!!! :) I'll have to do a flight showcasing my area one of these days. :)

Yes sir, I sure am! The biggest little state in the union!!! :) I'll have to do a flight showcasing my area one of these days. :)

Please do! Several posters, including myself have done that over the years and it makes some interesting sights for those from other places. ;):cool:

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your gracious comments and "views".

I have found that satellite imaging data used by Bing data world graphics seems to help with some but not all terrain enhancements. The positives: The Galapagos is one of those places where volcanic craters look awesome at a distance.

Other geographic (I posted earlier) locations with a reasonable facsimile of the surrounding terrain are the Lukla airport (VNLK) in the Himalayas, below the rim in the Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Fjords in Norway, etc.

Flying light airplanes VFR around these places with pleasure. I'll save the long-haul flights for later. Although, I'd love to fly the FSX Lockheed's, Connie's, Grumman's, Boeings etc., shared by others on this forum.