Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just Flight C-130 install problem

I did have W7 on that other PC but put W10 on, I often thought should I leave it.
    Your explanation sounds good, I will give it a go, but what a faff all because of W10, shame we can't enable the driver in W10 to work again.

Col.

Ok. Great. Let us know how you get on. And read this from the JustFlight website. Here is the link for the tool you need to make the dvd work in Windows 7. https://support.justflight.com/suppo...and-windows-10

Boxed (CD/DVD) Installer Issues In Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 And Windows 10
    24 September 2015

A recent Windows update for Vista, Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 has disabled the SECDRV.SYS service used by safedisc-protected discs. This means that many of our boxed products will no longer install with the default setting that Microsoft have enabled.

Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 users:

In order to install from our discs you will need to download the tool below and run it before trying to launch the disc installation.

Download: SecDRV Tool (236KB)

This tool will let you Start and Stop the SECDRV service. With the service running the disks should work correctly.

Windows 10 users:

This tool can not be used with Windows 10. Currently there is no solution for this issue for users of Windows 10 where Microsoft have completely removed this service.

PS. You may need to join the JF forum to access the SecDRV tool. Any issues then post on here and I will zip it and email it to you. (328kb) As you say what a faf but worth it. CS C-130 is great in FS9. Mark.

Also this. But I'm dammed if I cam make it work.
    https://appuals.com/enable-secdrv-sys/

Quote Originally Posted by markhoare View Post
    You do not need to install FS9 on the old machine... Remember it only contains the FS9 exe file... But that is enough to dupe the installer...
    Thanks Mark. I wasn't aware that the installer didn't use the FS9 registry entry. It took me a while last night to filter out all the bits & pieces I needed to copy from the XP machine. This should require much less work...

I'll have a go at enabling SecDrv this evening: it must have been enabled at some time because I'm sure I installed into Win 10 from the disc. The name of the service rings a bell so it may be that I'd enabled it in the past & forgotten all about it. Possibly through group policy editor? Or WinAero? If I'd done it in the registry, the entry should still be there.

"... where Microsoft have completely removed this service" is interesting. If the sys file is no longer in Windows, it couldn't have been any of the above unless it was removed during a version update.

When something is done, it's forgotten. I may even have installed the C-130 to XP and then reinstalled a fresh FS9 for some other purpose.

Col, if you have no luck, Mark has pretty well confirmed that what I did last night is portable.

D
    Last edited by defaid; 05-05-2022 at 09:11 AM.

I have a laptop with Windows 7 on that I use for a webcam, I did as instructed and it worked.
    The problem was the pen drive I used was only 16GB so it ran out of space, I'm now using a 32GB so that
    should be OK.
    Everything was installing no problem, anyway 2nd attempt going now as I type but it is working.
    Thank you so much for your help it is very much appreciated.

The 1st one took a while, lots of textures installing, after all there is 24 countries with C-130 versions to install plus all the others stuff.

Col.
    Last edited by ColR1948; 05-05-2022 at 09:57 AM.

Excellent. You should by flying in a few minutes then.

Got it installed, you are a genius thank you. Need to sort it properly as there are a few I will never fly so will organise the folders. Just took the 1st one I saw to try.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C-130 CG test.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	230062

Col

Good work. Job done.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” TR

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast