Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Flight C-130 install problem

@Piet, TY I think the download fix they are showing is like one I got, it is for the FSX/FS9 where as my copy is FS9 alone not FSX, but I am downloading both of the ones they are showing anyway and try them.

Col.

Nope neither of the installers worked, both can't see the DVD drive.
    I know it works because I have used it on another DVD to check.

Thank you guys for trying to help I do appreciate it.

Col.

Quote Originally Posted by ColR1948 View Post
    I bought a copy of this, insert the disk, select install...
    Just another thought during a lunch break.

Does your DVD drive auto-play? It's been a while since I installed mine -- over 18 months -- but I've never allowed autoplay on any media and always navigate to the installer exe. I've seen GUI installers running on autoplay that simply call up a more basic installer exe in their background. It could be worth having a look at the contents of E:\ to see if there is a second likely candidate in there.

I think my installation is portable so I may stash it and have a play this evening.

I suppose it's equally possible that your disc is damaged.

As as aside, your differing DVD cover has me intrigued. I'm not sure whether I have the original or the updated version (my pic was from ebay) but I've been noticing some minor bugs in mine, particularly concerning fuel flow and remaining fuel onboard, which is a nuisance when I have to pay for it in Air Hauler. If I have the original, I think I'll have to upgrade...

D

I too bought mine off eBay, I contacted the seller but he had no problem installing but he was on Windows 7.
    The DVD not autoplay, I also have an external DVD I might plug that it and try it, you never know.

Col.

I tried my external DVD player, this time the scroll went further, thought it was going to work, then it stopped just over half way then back to desktop.
    I'm just downloading at the moment so when that is done I'll try safe mode.

Col.

After a couple of hours, the only appropriate expression is "Huh".

Something's changed: the installer on the disc won't run at all for me now in Win 10. I skipped the options for adverts and new purchases... I saw "The installer is doing something or other but won't give you enough time to read what because"... desktop.

Some dodgy MS update I suppose.

On the other hand, it worked on my XP PC into a vanilla FS9. If push comes to shove, to use an old midwife's expression, I now have 3.1 probably portable GB of it but I don't want to experiment too much because if I break the Win 10 installation then I'm scuppered.

D

No No don't upset anything your end just to get this working it isn't worth it, I really do appreciate what you are doing.
    I have another idea I might try tomorrow, I have another PC it needs a decent graphics card that is why I don't use it but I could install FS9 on then see if this C-130 installs on that PC, if it does I will just copy it and transfer it to my working PC. It does bug me but again it is no big loss if it doesn't work, for what I paid for it isn't worth any more trouble after this.

Col.

That too failed, mind you it was on Windows 10 again but just a vanilla FS9, when inserting the C-130 disk it went 3 quarters on the scroll then again back to desktop.

Col.

I think Tim Wright and CRJ_simpilot's suggestion is worth pursuing. There may also be an application somewhere that relieves the restriction on running from optical media.

If not, and you feel like experimenting, drop me a PM.

D

Hi there. There is a way you can get the Just Flight version of Captain Sims C130 working is FS9(FS2004).Your DVD is not the problem. I have the same box set for that product. The problem is that Microsoft disabled the sec drive driver in windows 10. They flagged it as a security risk which is rubbish.

In the early to mid 2'000s Just Flight and some other software houses used a security feature on the dvd disc to stop copying etc. This required the sec drive feature in Win XP, Win 7 and Win 8. That is why it will not work by default in Windows 10. You will need access to a computer with an optical drive running either Win XP, 7 or 8. I keep an old Dell optiplex pc running Windows XP. I got it on ebay for £40. Maybe you have an old laptop or maybe a friend does.
    If your old machine has XP then you are good to go. If it is Win 7 or 8 you need the Sec Drive tool from the Just Flight website to switch that feature back on in Win 7/8. You do not need to install FS9 on the old machine. The installer only looks for the exe file in FS9. So open your FS9 on your main Win 10 machine and copy the exe file into a folder on your desktop called "Parasite FS9" or whatever works for you. Put the Folder on a pen drive and copy it to the other computer using XP/7/8. Now put your C130 dvd in the drive and point the installer to "Parasite FS9" or whatever you called it. Remember it only contains the FS9 exe file. But that is enough to dupe the installer so it will install the C130 into the folder containing the exe file. As the folder only contains the exe file and nothing else the installer will dutifully create all the necessary sub folders for you. Once it has installed you will get the following folders in the folder:-

Aircraft
    Captain_Sim
    Effects
    flights
    Gauges
    JustFlight
    Modules
    Scenery

Copy all the above back onto your pen drive or external hard drive. Place all the above folders onto your desktop back on your Windows 10 machine. Open you FS9 folder. Open the "Parasite FS9" folder and open the aircraft folder. Ok, I guess you can see where this is going. Now place Legendary_C-130 in your FS9 aircraft folder.
    Put the Captain_Sim folder directly into your FS9 folder.
    Open the effects folder and place the effects into your FS9 effects folder. And the three files in the texture folder inside the effects/texture folder.
    Open the flights folder and put the c130 folder into your flights folder in FS9.
    Open the gauges folder and put the gauges into your FS9 gauges folder.
    Put the JustFlight folder directly into your FS9 folder.
    Open the modules folder and put the module in your FS9 modules folder.
    Open the scenery folder and put the C130egdl folder in your FS9 scenery folder. Remember to activate it in the scenery library. (remember click in the box because of a win 10 bug and it will activate ok).

Now you are done. Go fly. I appreciate the above sounds complicated but it is quite quick and easy. Also keep the files for future use. Remember your C13 is compatible with win 10. It is just the sec dive that is the problem. This works with other JustFlight products like the PSS 777 etc. Mark.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast