Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Flight C-130 install problem

Default Just Flight C-130 install problem

I bought a copy of this, insert the disk, select install, it start the usual scroll bar, it gets part way then stops, go back to desktop.
    I looked on Just Flight support but no luck, did a search and found what I thought was the answer, the C-130 Install upgrade, clicked on it and this time it took me to the screen where you select the destination, then it asks for the folder containing the DVD, pointed it to it but nothing happens.

Further search I found a couple of posts from other users saying some of their Just flight aircraft won't install on Windows10, so that could be my problem, anybody else had issues or know of a workaround please?

Col.

I believe there is some issue regarding W10. I wanted this as well but I believe Mark(?) told me there is some installation problems when trying to install in Windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by ColR1948 View Post
    anybody else had issues or know of a workaround please?
    Hi Col, if you have CD Burner program you can create an iso file from your install disk, then double-click the iso file to open it in Windows Explorer as if it was a disk drive. Click the setup.exe to install as normal.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X, Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia RTX2060 6Gb, Logitech Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Win 10 Pro x64

Hi Tim, I might try that, not used the burner prog in ages, but I know what you mean, thanks mate.

I know there are plenty of C-130's but I fancied to try this one, is comes with a few versions and liveries too, the book with it is like a novel, quite thick with lots of details etc.

Col.

In regards to creating that aforementioned ISO, I can help with that.

There are MANY programs that can do this. The most notable would have to be a program called CDBurnerXP and IMGBurn. Do make damn sure that once you download one or all of those you scan it at the website VirusTotal. The general consensus is four hits and you toss. If you're really tech savvy then have a look at any Behaviors or Relations if posted there for that file at VirusTotal. Long ago I grabbed the portable version of IMGBurn because I read the install version contains Ads.

Now having said that, you probably don't need to repack the files on the disk and into an ISO (archive format) anyway. The executable (.exe) and all its dependencies for installation should be right there on the disk. So, you should be able to just copy and paste those files into a folder on your computer and then double click the setup.exe file or what ever. Understandably however, sometimes these disks come with protection mechanisms that may hinder your ability to make a copy/paste operation or even to create an ISO. There are ways around that though, but I'm not sure if it's allowed to be talked about here. Even if it's for your own installation of your property that you paid for.

I'm thinking it is Windows 10 and its functionality with overzealous protection mechanisms which there are many. I'd first try to install the plane directly to C drive in its own folder. I'd also make sure you're doing it in an Admin account. It might even be worthwhile to launch the installer with Admin permissions. It could even be DEP (Data Execution Protection) and its behind the scenes mechanisms. It can be turned off completely with a command and a PC reboot. I do this now and it was how I got RealityXP gauges to work in Windows 7 for FS2004 where they said they would absolutely not work in Windows 7. I proved that assumption wrong right quick.

You could check to see what the internal mechanisms are doing as you install. There are HDD data loggers, registry loggers, process and thread loggers, etc. So it could be a Windows DLL or what ever interfering and that would show up during the logging process. Do you see any errors in the Event Viewer?

Hi Col.

JF's C-130 installs perfectly well into Win 10 from DVD. It's what I use in place of Captain Sim's non-installer download:

Some screenies from another JF C-130 thread.

It could be Win 10's refusal to run anything from an optical disc but I don't recall encountering any problems when I ran through a normal installation from the disc.

"Asks for the folder containing the DVD" seems a bit odd given that DVDs are usually drives in their own right and a folder surely can't contain a drive. Can you post a screenie?

D
    Last edited by defaid; 05-03-2022 at 06:58 AM.

OK I dug it out again, I had given up on it.
    If I put the disk in and try from that if goes to the select language then when I click to go on it starts the scroll bat to less than half wat then crash to desktop.
    Using the Installer I downloaded I get this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c-130 install.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	230053

Then this:

Name:	c-130 install 2.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	230054

Then crash to desktop.

Hi.

I think I must be misunderstanding something here. I didn't have to download any installer: the entire installation process ran from the DVD with no connection to the rest of the world.

I take it the downloaded installer is an update to an existing aircraft and that you must first install the original version, then reinsert the DVD to supply some stuff required by the updater.

Is this the disc that you have? You should be able to install directly from that, and perhaps try the update afterwards.

D

Name:	c130.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	230059

I once had this with another JF CD (though forgotten which one) and managed to install it in: Win10 'safe mode....' , have you tried this one: 'https://support.justflight.com/support/solutions/articles/17000073698--cannot-locate-dvd-fix'
    Last edited by piet06273; 05-04-2022 at 03:53 AM.

This is my copy:

Name:	c130.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	230060

Col.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast