No more mandatory updates enough is enough, ASOBO you fail every time and cause nothing but grief!!!! this update upset Kaspersky with lots of malicious files, enough is enough your not fit for purpose anymore ASOBO!! I for one are sick of it! I just got back from a lovely week in Corfu and greeted this morning with another minority... give the sim to another software house for Christ sake!!!!!

most of these updates should have been sorted before it's release, its become way beyond a joke now.....

Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

I wouldn't be using Kaspersky especially after the Russians have invaded Ukraine! In fact I would never trust the Russians to take care of my PC security, bit like asking a fox to look after the chicken coop! Edited by PAULCRAIG

I wouldn't be using Kaspersky especially after the Russians have invaded Ukraine! In fact I would never trust the Russians to take care of my PC security, bit like asking a fox to look after the chicken coop!

I look at it like this, just because Boris and his government are scumbags don't make the rest of the population scumbags........ same for all countries........ you can all make the excuses or denials as long as you want ASOBO now suck big time, and have proved update after update.. to think I once stood up for them and their shoddy work...... we now need the option to to ignore updates if happy with what you have, it's become totally ridicules not just for the end user but for addon softer ware developer's too.....

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

A) I think there are a number of anti-virus options at present, that are not only more advanced than Kaspersky, but also create a smaller resource footprint.

B) I think it a bit naïve to think a large company in Russia can operate completely independently of government and political expediency. If you are not an arm of the apparatus, you probably can't stay in business!

C) The IT pros I know do not have Kaspersky on their list of candidates.

D) My AV didn't have a problem with the updates!!

Some options:

Bitdefender

Webroot

Trend Micro

Scanguard

Avast

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

A current poll in another forum shows that 86% are satisfied with SU9 and 14% dissatisfied. In my own case, MSFS is running better than ever following this update, even with multiple addons installed.

Alienware Aurora R11, 32 GB ram, Intel i7-10700F, GeForce RTX 2080 Super, Ultra graphics settings

No more mandatory updates enough is enough, ASOBO you fail every time and cause nothing but grief!!!! this update upset Kaspersky with lots of malicious files, enough is enough your not fit for purpose anymore ASOBO!! I for one are sick of it! I just got back from a lovely week in Corfu and greeted this morning with another minority... give the sim to another software house for Christ sake!!!!!

most of these updates should have been sorted before it's release, its become way beyond a joke now.....

Running Bitdefender and the latest version of Windows 10, I had no issues whatsoever. The problem lies (unfortunately) with your system.

A current poll in another forum shows that 86% are satisfied with SU9 and 14% dissatisfied. In my own case, MSFS is running better than ever following this update, even with multiple addons installed.

Alienware Aurora R11, 32 GB ram, Intel i7-10700F, GeForce RTX 2080 Super, Ultra graphics settings

I am also happy with the update. They finally fixed the disappearing mouse cursor problem that I have been hoping for. The one where the cursor would disappear at times when you moved the cockpit around. Then you had to move it some more to get the cursor back. Lol. The only issue I am seeing are more stutters. But I do not have any CTD's and haven't for a while now.

No problems here either. Didn't even need to touch Community folder at all (I do never do, in fact).

As for AV, Panda Dome works like a charm, even the free version (inspired by the Avatar in the OP? Nah, just joking) ;)

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

I just want to add my quick two worthless "copper" pennies here.

Kaspersky has been under the radar by the United States government. Specifically the intelligence community since way back when it was allegedly discovered an NSA employee had classified Info. stolen from their computer. On the other hand, I don't think you're even allowed to work on any classified material at home. Though, that doesn't change the fact the company is based in Moscow and is headed by a former KGB guy, and anti-virus products do maintain a constant connection and do intercept your encrypted traffic such as encrypted browser traffic for malware prevention purposes.

For me personally, I don't use active anti-virus, over bloated crap that can interfere with my power PC user everyday computing and what have you. Especially since I control what leaves my computer at the network layer. I can tell you damn near every piece of software you have running on your computer communicates to one or more servers. Especially Windows 10 and 11! They use at least 20 freaking ASNs! Absolutely insane.

What is my anti-virus solution? Scanning every single cotton picking download at VirusTotal by way of the file's SHA256 hash, reading the relations and behaviors and determining myself if it's infected. The general consensus is four hits and you toss, but it largely depends on what you go there that you're scanning. I also use the free and open source program Sandboxie for ALL of my browsers. There are other things as well. By far the biggest are periodic full HDD clones. So if disaster does strike I can clone back like hardly anything ever changed except the gap in time between clones. I also backup certain data more regularly as well. I'm a huge backup freak. I use optical media, HDDs, several cloud providers and two FTP servers at home. The physical backup media is all stored in three fireproof safes. These can be had for around $35 a piece. They're for fire and water mitigation. Anyone with a flathead screwdriver can bypass the lock. Pity for them because I encrypt EVERYTHING! And have many very clever tactics involved to catch who did it. (your literal presence is freaking metadata). Add to that I use a very long and complicated password stored in my nonvolatile? memory, er brain (actually several). God forbid I ever forget it because all is gone. Just the way I roll because I'm not stupid... Of course, how does one quantify that? Well, based on lots of what I have read in the past by stupid people all across the Internet. LOL I learn from other people's mistakes and my own...

Now, having said all this crap, I still roll "virus plagued" "hacker prone" Windows 7 and have NEVER been infected since I ran Windows 98. And that was running AVG for god sakes. Which brings me to another point. Definition based anti-virus like Kaspersky et al will NOT catch polymorphic malware. They will try to use something called heuristics to look for malware-like behavior and stop it, but will fail. Malware can be in the UEFI (it has a network stack), GPU, etc. Also, a hack could come from a browser XSS take over. Very easy to deploy with some crafty JS. And there's even this.

On the subject of constant updates. I could write a freaking thesis on this encompassing all forms of software like programs, Apps, SoC, firmware, etc. My freaking cable box updates at around 3AM everyday! What are they "updating!?" In a nutshell, I'm of the belief that software, particularly games now delivered via stream providers like Steam, Battle.net and Epic games, are part play and part update due to half-baked releases as evident with the constant barrage of updates. The Call Of Duty franchise is very guilty of this. A well polished product won't have so many needed updates. Only those required to fix minor errors found along the way and security issues. And they shouldn't need to be ~15GB a piece! I can tell you right now with an almost clairvoyance that one day your toaster will get an "update" thereby causing the refrigerator to spit ice like a slot machine and the dryer to go into a "

" mode. Lets not forget Steam has maintenance.

In conclusion, updates and anti-virus products are like Newtonian physics: for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. For the good or for the bad. I've seen it hundreds of times. "The system is down!" "Must have been an update." Lets release an update for the update."

Interesting reading material:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-cyber-kaspersky/trump-signs-into-law-u-s-government-ban-on-kaspersky-lab-software-idUSKBN1E62V4

https://www.reuters.com/technology/exclusive-us-warned-firms-about-russias-kaspersky-software-day-after-invasion-2022-03-31/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaspersky_bans_and_allegations_of_Russian_government_ties#NSA_theft_controversy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaspersky_Lab#Bans_and_allegations_of_Russian_government_ties

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

. A well polished product won't have so many needed updates. Only those required to fix minor errors found along the way and security issues. And they shouldn't need to be ~15GB a piece!

Two points. MSFS was announced on its release as a 10-year project that would be updated on a regular basis; it was not issued as a "well polished product". Second, the typical net size of an update is only 2 to 4 GB, since most update files override existing files.

This last update was the worst for me. The Garmin 430 is now only half on and none of the controls work. Also for the first time I am getting stutters.

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel Core i7-9700KF 12MB Cache, NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER 32GB DDR4 RAM , 1TB SSD