Delta Sim Studio

CTarana45

A quick WHOIS on the domain yields this:

If this status is not combined with the redemptionPeriod or pendingRestore status, the pendingDelete status code indicates that your domain has been in redemptionPeriod status for 30 days and you have not restored it within that 30-day period. Your domain will remain in this status for several days, after which time your domain will be purged and dropped from the registry database.

Once deletion occurs, the domain is available for re-registration in accordance with the registry's policies.

What it means is that the owner of the website didn't renew the domain name. This is a yearly fee to own a domain name, a virtual bit of Internet real estate for a website or what have you. I say "what have you" because you can CNAME an AWS S3 bucket. LOL! (I'm a nerd)!

ghjngfjg.jpg

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

More interesting nerd trivia.

The website was using what is called a "shared account". This is just a virtual server space using something called CageFS to separate more than one domain from one another on the same server using the same IP address. Well, this hoster might be overselling the allotted server space because there are 500+ domains for this one IP address that was used by deltasimstudio. That's a lot of I/O, yo!

Also, this IP address has metadata associated to it via infected Windows executables (.exe), archival files and what not. Several phone Apps are also calling this IP address belonging to this host. https://www.virustotal.com/gui/ip-address/85.128.131.76/relations

In synopsis, the deltasimstudio website owner used a crap hoster. A hoster that doesn't seem to care about its clients and what they are doing with their server resources.

Although, Amazon AWS, Azure, Google cloud and many others have this crap, too. I see it get blocked on my website all the time.

What is VirusTotal? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VirusTotal

I've contributed to that article, but it needs cleaning up. I use VirusTotal as my first line of defense for ALL download data. I do not run an over bloated anti-virus spy program except to scan a few files here and there with ClamWin. I use other scanners most people don't know of like looking for ring 3 hooks (need to find other ring layer scanners), alternative data streams, hidden processes and what not.

LOL! Edited by CRJ_simpilot