delete my forum account???

CessnaFlyer

Sir: Don't know why you are done with flight simming? I would certainly not blame you if you bought MSFS2020 and are frustrated with the endless wonky updates:)

As we bid you farewell, thought you might be interested in this little tidbit - Back in June, 1983 I lived in NYC. Happened to take a day off from work, and was in a small park in downtown Manhattan near my apartment. Heard a loud jet noise just above me. Lo and behold, it was a low-flying 747 with the space shuttle riding piggy-back!

Sir: Don't know why you are done with flight simming? I would certainly not blame you if you bought MSFS2020 and are frustrated with the endless wonky updates:)

As we bid you farewell, thought you might be interested in this little tidbit - Back in June, 1983 I lived in NYC. Happened to take a day off from work, and was in a small park in downtown Manhattan near my apartment. Heard a loud jet noise just above me. Lo and behold, it was a low-flying 747 with the space shuttle riding piggy-back!

I've just had enough of flight simming. i been doing for better then 20 years and probebly have 10,000+ hours in it. time to retire. but i do like the part about the 747 sounds very cool. and i bet it was an even better sight to see.

giving up on flight simulation for good:D

another reason i am getting out of flight simulation is because of my pet i have had her for 8 years. she will be 9 years old in two months and i want to be with her more. i have been virtually flying for almost her entire life. i have a birthday coming in October my own self. and i don't plan on being a computer pilot for the rest of my life. it's time to move on. and i want to delete my profile from here cause i don't post on the forums much anymore at all. and i haven't downloaded anything from here in years.
  • Like 1

I think the key to any hobby's longevity, is to have more than one.

Playing pretend pilot, day after day, week after week, would drive even the most ardent simmer mad, which is why I try and combine flight simulation with other pursuits.

If I were you, I wouldn't delete your account, I would just take a break and perhaps pursue some different activities.

W33

X-Plane 11, P3D. 32GB RAM, i7 8700k, 1080Ti, Oculus Rift, 1TB SSD

Can I add, if in any of your posts you may have helped someone with a problem and it fixed it, sometimes we get the same problem and do a search, so if finding one of your old ones it might just help someone else.

Many times I've dug up an old post by someone while looking for an answer and found it there, just a thought.

Col.

Can I add, if in any of your posts you may have helped someone with a problem and it fixed it, sometimes we get the same problem and do a search, so if finding one of your old ones it might just help someone else.

Many times I've dug up an old post by someone while looking for an answer and found it there, just a thought.

Col.

sure i never thought about that one. that's a good point. i never thought though that i helped any one here at all. and @W33 you are right maybe i can get some games from steam or something. i used to have a driving simulator but that got old. and i used to have 2 farming simulators but they don't work any more and the support for them stopped working so i threw them away. i just didn't want to be taking up space here on the forums and i wasn't posting anything.

Don't feel like that, leave it as it is, have you ever tried Rail/Train sim, that can be interesting or go on Subsim and captain a WW2 submarine, it is not fast action as such, more stealth getting in position to fire your torpedoes.

You don't have to spend hours on them, just do a few have a break, you can save where you are up to and go back to it.

I always say if you have an interest it keeps you going, if you have something to get out of bed for the next day.

Col.

i want to have my whole profile deleted not just my forum account. i forgot to add that part to my first post about this.

;--

(If you live in California then this would be mandatory)...

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

Don't feel like that, leave it as it is, have you ever tried Rail/Train sim, that can be interesting or go on Subsim and captain a WW2 submarine, it is not fast action as such, more stealth getting in position to fire your torpedoes.

You don't have to spend hours on them, just do a few have a break, you can save where you are up to and go back to it.

I always say if you have an interest it keeps you going, if you have something to get out of bed for the next day.

Col.

while i have never heard of any of these simulators i can google them and check them out. i used to have a submarine simulator called silent hunter 3. and i suppose i can leave my account as is. :pilot:

I need to reply again. For a while now I lost Shift + Z function to see the speed, altitude etc, tried all sorts even looking in the FS9.cfg.

Did s search and found an old thread from 2011, the answer was there, after I did as the guy said I got the function back, it was fairly simple but I and a few others didn't know it.

Col.

I need to reply again. For a while now I lost Shift + Z function to see the speed, altitude etc, tried all sorts even looking in the FS9.cfg.

Did s search and found an old thread from 2011, the answer was there, after I did as the guy said I got the function back, it was fairly simple but I and a few others didn't know it.

Col.

is this in regards to a thread i made?

Yes, just leave your acc someone might get something from your posts.

Col.

oh ok. well im glad i waas able to help you. so with that said to the moderators you can leave my account as is :)

I too gave up on sim. I had been painting with acrylics (water based) for years and then added making slime and adding color to it and when thin enough could put slime on thin board and got into crazy experimenting with that. I got so involved when I got into making 'abstract' paintings that I let sim go. Lots of variety. Lots of ideas left in my head. And not expensive either. No need for a 'pause' button either (ha). You can stop and take your pet for a walk while the paint dries. Then come back next hr/day/week and it will be there waiting for you when you got time again.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I too gave up on sim. I had been painting with acrylics (water based) for years and then added making slime and adding color to it and when thin enough could put slime on thin board and got into crazy experimenting with that. I got so involved when I got into making 'abstract' paintings that I let sim go. Lots of variety. Lots of ideas left in my head. And not expensive either. No need for a 'pause' button either (ha). You can stop and take your pet for a walk while the paint dries. Then come back next hr/day/week and it will be there waiting for you when you got time again.

Chuck B

Napamule

yeah that sound like great fun. that's like FSX you get done flying it's there waiting for you for the next flight. but it sounds like your hobby would be cheaper cause to paint you don't need to use electricity lol and that's why I'm stepping down from flight simming is cause of my pet. and the next one i get. i want to be with ,y pet not the computers. if that make sense?