Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: delete my forum account???

Default delete my forum account???

wasn't sure where to post this. but can i have my account deleted? i don't post here anymore and i am retiring from flight simulation any way. 20+ years is enough for me it's time to give it up for good.
    giving up on flight simulation for good

i want to have my whole profile deleted not just my forum account. i forgot to add that part to my first post about this.

Do you want all of your posts deleted also? Don't think that will happen. Probably, at best, you will be made inactive.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

if possible yes if not just make my profile inactive sir.

Sir: Don't know why you are done with flight simming? I would certainly not blame you if you bought MSFS2020 and are frustrated with the endless wonky updates

As we bid you farewell, thought you might be interested in this little tidbit - Back in June, 1983 I lived in NYC. Happened to take a day off from work, and was in a small park in downtown Manhattan near my apartment. Heard a loud jet noise just above me. Lo and behold, it was a low-flying 747 with the space shuttle riding piggy-back!

Quote Originally Posted by UPHILL3 View Post
    Sir: Don't know why you are done with flight simming? I would certainly not blame you if you bought MSFS2020 and are frustrated with the endless wonky updates

As we bid you farewell, thought you might be interested in this little tidbit - Back in June, 1983 I lived in NYC. Happened to take a day off from work, and was in a small park in downtown Manhattan near my apartment. Heard a loud jet noise just above me. Lo and behold, it was a low-flying 747 with the space shuttle riding piggy-back!
    I've just had enough of flight simming. i been doing for better then 20 years and probebly have 10,000+ hours in it. time to retire. but i do like the part about the 747 sounds very cool. and i bet it was an even better sight to see.

another reason i am getting out of flight simulation is because of my pet i have had her for 8 years. she will be 9 years old in two months and i want to be with her more. i have been virtually flying for almost her entire life. i have a birthday coming in October my own self. and i don't plan on being a computer pilot for the rest of my life. it's time to move on. and i want to delete my profile from here cause i don't post on the forums much anymore at all. and i haven't downloaded anything from here in years.

I think the key to any hobby's longevity, is to have more than one.

Playing pretend pilot, day after day, week after week, would drive even the most ardent simmer mad, which is why I try and combine flight simulation with other pursuits.

If I were you, I wouldn't delete your account, I would just take a break and perhaps pursue some different activities.

W33
    X-Plane 11, P3D. 32GB RAM, i7 8700k, 1080Ti, Oculus Rift, 1TB SSD

Can I add, if in any of your posts you may have helped someone with a problem and it fixed it, sometimes we get the same problem and do a search, so if finding one of your old ones it might just help someone else.
    Many times I've dug up an old post by someone while looking for an answer and found it there, just a thought.

Col.

Quote Originally Posted by ColR1948 View Post
    Can I add, if in any of your posts you may have helped someone with a problem and it fixed it, sometimes we get the same problem and do a search, so if finding one of your old ones it might just help someone else.
    Many times I've dug up an old post by someone while looking for an answer and found it there, just a thought.

Col.
    sure i never thought about that one. that's a good point. i never thought though that i helped any one here at all. and @W33 you are right maybe i can get some games from steam or something. i used to have a driving simulator but that got old. and i used to have 2 farming simulators but they don't work any more and the support for them stopped working so i threw them away. i just didn't want to be taking up space here on the forums and i wasn't posting anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast