Defaultimate 747 VC upgrade for FSX default 747-400

BlueSox14

Hi all,

For anyone that might be interested, I've uploaded my Defaultimate 747 VC upgrade for the FSX default 747-400 to the flightsim.com file library tonight. This should be available in a few days. Search for defaultimate747.zip.

The key features include adapting G Munro's quite brilliant 747-400 2D Panel V3 (b747-400v3.zip) to the FSX default 747-400 VC, introducing emissive lighting into the VC and fixing a couple of lighting problems with the exterior model.

This has been an on-again off-again project which I commenced way before MSFS 2020 was even announced. While I'd like to continue to tinker with it, I really just don't have the time any more. It's perfectly serviceable in it's current state, so don't let that hold you back from checking it out.

Perhaps most pleasing is that this package absolves one of the great crimes against Flight Simulation - the abominable hatchet job that was the VC autopilot panel in the default 747-400 has been fixed. It's time for this queen to return to the FSX skies.

A couple of screenies below!

Trent

CEO - Wheelie Bin Studios

defaultimate747_cover.jpg

defaultimate747_emissive.jpg

defaultimate747_instrumentpanel.jpg

defaultimate747_efis.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi SuporteG123,

Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad you're enjoying the Defaultimate 747.

Regrettably it's very unlikely I'll do anything further with this mod. My life circumstances have changed and I just don't have the time now for the hours and hours this sort of modding requires.

In case you're unaware, it is possible to add a 2D panel of the Honeywell FMC you refer to. Although you probably already knew that.

Kind regards,

Trent

CEO - Wheelie Bin Studios