Clarification on Reported Control Issues

I've seen lots of reference from users here about certain control issues specifically involving rudder control. Before attempting to dig further into any sort of tweaking of my joy stick settings, (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro) just wanted to make sure that this is or is not problematic with FS2020. The issues I have encountered in the order of most annoying are 1) on landing and take off the plane, regardless of type, is pulling sharply right then some prop torque likely, but correction is almost impossible at near take off speed. 2)landing control of the rudder is most difficult and if I do not hit the brakes hard, I'm all over the runway until sufficient braking reduces the plane's speed so that I have more control.

Are these program issues since I have never encountered them in FSX. Has anyone experienced any improvement using other 2020 releases of flight simulators like 11 or steam?

Thanks

Processor 11th Gen Intel® Core i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060

I can't steer with my 3DPro, tried everything, nothing seems to work. Maybe a new joystick is in order, rudder pedals?
Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

The effect of crosswind is much more noticeable than FSX, which was negligible.

Prop torque too.

My advice would be to try a take off in a jet with zero crosswind before altering any rudder settings.

Good luck

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That pretty much confirms what I feared as a serious issue. Thanks indeed for sharing. I suspect rudder pedals would do nothing for this issue except cause a lot more frustration given the cost of the pedals and finding out that one cant tap dance fast enough to offset this most unfortunate flaw. Maybe it will be fixed, some day likely for an additional cost. I was going to give Xplane 11 demo a try but the darn thing will not download after sitting on the download page for 30 minutes without a single bit being received. I have a very good connection, >200mb/sec.

Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060

Thanks, Crosswind, I wish it was that simple. I'm into FS for the sole purpose of experiencing as much as possible real world conditions. Switching planes to get off the ground is not and option at least for me. I was surely hoping that FS2020 was not this broken. Once a flight begins in FS2020 there is no way to switch planes like in FSX. If you know a way to do this in FS2020 then please let us know.

Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060

I was surely hoping that FS2020 was not this broken.

It isn't. Check that your Assistance settings are all set to Hard (everything off) and try another takeoff and landing. I only have AI Radio Communications and Taxi Ribbon on.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

It isn't. Check that your Assistance settings are all set to Hard (everything off) and try another takeoff and landing. I only have AI Radio Communications and Taxi Ribbon on.

Tim's probably got that on the money. Its a whole new ball of wax with this sim the way everything is set up.