So I might have found the problem of MSFS freezing while in mid flight and computer getting bsod......

Crash usually happens when panning around from outside view during flight.

It seems so far to only happen when my CH Flightstick is plugged into USB port wheather it's 2.0 or 3.0

I have resorted to using flightstick only for taxiing and takeoff and landing. I unplug and plug it in when needed for short durations.

Any way to fix this.?

Thanks

Core i7 10700K OC to 4.6 all cores/EVGA 750W G+ PSU/ MSI Z490 edge mobo/GSkill RAM DDR4 32GB(2X16GB) 3600mhz/ ASUS TUF RTX 3080/ Win10 home/ Asus 32 inch monitor 1440p/ CH Flightstick

How old is the CH Flightstick? Maybe it has gone bad?

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

Same thing continues to happen to me. Fortunately it usually happens within the first 10 minutes of flight after takeoff and I'm panning around in and out of the cockpit. However on a few occasions since I've had the sim last August and SU5 on initial install, I have flown for well over an hour and then panning around and it crashes. Just last week I was on approach to KPVD from KATL, about 1+45 enroute, then that infamous stutter and crash. It is certainly not tied to CH Products. I have the Logitech yoke (with CH Pedals). It is completely random. I can go a week without crashes and maybe 5 flights, then the next weekend get 2 crashes on back to back days.

This never happens in challenge or discovery flights with fixed pre-programmed weather, nor does it happen with non-live weather free flights. I believe, and others out there as well who continue to experience CTDs even after all the updates over the past 12+ months, that it is tied to the live weather engine. Countless threads on the MSFS official forums on it. Live weather is the only common denominator even though we all have infinite different hardware setups, and I'm assuming you are using live weather. Asobo is looking into it as it continues after each update. For the record I always start the PC cold and dark before loading up MSFS and disable the antivirus (Kaspersky).

Edited by N069NT
i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming, Noctua NH-D15, 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, Super Flower 850W, SilverStone Redline SST-RL06 PRO case, Samsung 980 2TB M.2 (OS/MSFS), Gigabyte Aorus 48" OLED 4K 120Hz + LG 32" UN32650-W 4K monitors, Logitech Yoke + throttle + CH Pro Pedals

...OC to 5.1 all cores

This can surely do it.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

This can surely do it.

Well that was the first thing I experimented with last year, going back to stock and even underclocking my CPU even though I had well broken the new build in with stress tests before installing the sim. It made no difference and still crashed. And again, the tell-tale sign for me at least is being able to spend half a day doing the long flight challenges for hours in stages with no crashes.

i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming, Noctua NH-D15, 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, Super Flower 850W, SilverStone Redline SST-RL06 PRO case, Samsung 980 2TB M.2 (OS/MSFS), Gigabyte Aorus 48" OLED 4K 120Hz + LG 32" UN32650-W 4K monitors, Logitech Yoke + throttle + CH Pro Pedals

In addition to a possible faulty Flightstick, drop your CPU down to stock, set XMP to 3200 or less, and make sure you have enough cooling.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

In addition to a possible faulty Flightstick, drop your CPU down to stock, set XMP to 3200 or less, and make sure you have enough cooling.

Got MSFS BSOD crash again.......

Flightstick unplugged, CPU dropped down to 4.5, Ram set to 3000, and running it on a nvme drive, no antivirus

From reading posts either......

MSFS does not work well with. RTX 3000 series cards OR. It is a unstable, crappy program that should never have been released until tested properly

My XPLANE 11 runs perfectly fine, hummmmm!!!!!!!!

My computer has been checked by a pro and is working perfectly (no driver issues or virus or malware

Core i7 10700K OC to 4.6 all cores/EVGA 750W G+ PSU/ MSI Z490 edge mobo/GSkill RAM DDR4 32GB(2X16GB) 3600mhz/ ASUS TUF RTX 3080/ Win10 home/ Asus 32 inch monitor 1440p/ CH Flightstick

Why happens if you don’t overclock your cpu? (I believe 3.8 is the default)

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Why happens if you don’t overclock your cpu? (I believe 3.8 is the default)

Regards

Steve

I did downclock it to 4.5 and it crashed, would going down to 3.8 make any difference.????

I can fly for an hour or more when it will crash while in cruise.

Are you getting any crashes or not.?

THANKS

I did downclock it to 4.5 and it crashed, would going down to 3.8 make any difference.????

I can fly for an hour or more when it will crash while in cruise.

Are you getting any crashes or not.?

THANKS

I don’t know if going down to the default speed of 3.8 will help but it might be worth a try. Afterall, MSFS doesn’t like overclocked hardware. I have had CTD’s previously, but not for a while.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Same thing continues to happen to me. Fortunately it usually happens within the first 10 minutes of flight after takeoff and I'm panning around in and out of the cockpit. However on a few occasions since I've had the sim last August and SU5 on initial install, I have flown for well over an hour and then panning around and it crashes. Just last week I was on approach to KPVD from KATL, about 1+45 enroute, then that infamous stutter and crash. It is certainly not tied to CH Products. I have the Logitech yoke (with CH Pedals). It is completely random. I can go a week without crashes and maybe 5 flights, then the next weekend get 2 crashes on back to back days.

This never happens in challenge or discovery flights with fixed pre-programmed weather, nor does it happen with non-live weather free flights. I believe, and others out there as well who continue to experience CTDs even after all the updates over the past 12+ months, that it is tied to the live weather engine. Countless threads on the MSFS official forums on it. Live weather is the only common denominator even though we all have infinite different hardware setups, and I'm assuming you are using live weather. Asobo is looking into it as it continues after each update. For the record I always start the PC cold and dark before loading up MSFS and disable the antivirus (Kaspersky).

So I am able to fly for about an hour or 2 before the. crash (freeze up) and BSOD and different codes each time.

I am running MSFS with no weather, no antivirus

I know it's not hardware cause I can run XPLANE 11 while multitasking on computer

So I am able to fly for about an hour or 2 before the. crash (freeze up) and BSOD and different codes each time.

I am running MSFS with no weather, no antivirus

I know it's not hardware cause I can run XPLANE 11 while multitasking on computer

As Tim & myself have said.. MSFS doesn’t like overclocking. Try dropping your CPU down to 3.8

With you getting BSODs then it’s likely to be hardware. I presume Windows is up to date?

Regards

Steve

Well, guess what guys and gals? I got a seemingly identical CTD with XP11, right after I had gotten one in 2020. Same issue, at least for me - panning around the outside view. Been using XP a number of times since and no issues, in part due to some troubleshooting online with Jetline Systems (they discovered some updates that I was not aware of, but nothing else really...). So far, a week gone by with no crashes on XP, and few on 2020, but I doubt whatever is messing up 2020 is really solved yet...

PS - straight Jetline system, no overclocking that I know of, 3070 video card