None of my [Shift+E] special addon commands work anymore! Can anyone help fix?

Badger26

I don't get why addon developers have setup extra cargo doors and window commands this way but they all seem to be programed to a combination of [shift+E] followed by a number which isn't working for any of the addons that have operable cargo doors or window shades in all my addons that have them even the payware C17. The most problematic seems to be on the Honda Jet freeware addon for FSX. For some reason the window curtains or cargo doors no longer open or close as they should. I've managed to get the front cargo doors to open a few times but the majority of the time it doesn't work at all. I even tried doing a full uninstall and reinstall of FSX with no other addons but the problem still persists. I also tried altering the aircraft config to use a different key command and still doesn't work. Does anyone have a fix for this?

They work only for you, even when logged in.

Even for you it only will only work for a limited time.

Filenames are the better way.

There is a 'sticky thread' about posting links to the file library.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah sorry! When you are loged in the link works (at least for me)!

The file name is "srg.zip"!

Link doesnt work whem i am logged in either? Do you have anyway of us obtaining the file srg.zip?

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

[TABLE=width: 100%, align: center]

[TR=bgcolor: #EFEFEF]

[TD]FSX - FSX PanelsFSX Simple Ramp Gauge

[ Download | View ]

Name: srg.zip

Size: 988,705 Date: 04-08-2019 Downloads: 251

srg2.gif

srg.gif

FSX Simple Ramp Gauge. Activation with a click: exits 1-4, tailhook, wing fold, jetway, pushback (left, straight and right). Only tested in FSX and Acceleration. By Andiroto.

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]srg-b1.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Cheers guys i did a search here but nothing turned up in 'search files' ???

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Mr Zippy already did the leg work. In his post (above) you will find a 'Download' link. Click on that link to download file. Too easy?

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Cheers chuck i realise that i was stating that my own search showed up nothing for some unknown reason

Mick

So I finally got it to work. Instead of doing an uninstall and reinstall via Steam I ended up deleting all local FSX related files on my PC and then did an uninstall and reinstall via Steam free of addons and other software. Not sure what it was but maybe one of my addons was probably interfering with functions and features of other addons. Reinstalled the Honda Jet and nothing else and now window curtains in the cabin and all cargo doors work as they should.

• 9 months later...
11 hours ago, alishakihn said:

You might have forgotten to turn off the NumLock. And when that happens, the characters won't work. Press the NumLock button a couple of times on your keyboard to check if it turns off or on. Then, try entering the special characters.  Flappy Bird

Nine months ago the OP said he got it to work. You might check beyond the original post when getting ready to post an answer...

• Haha 1

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!