Long time simmer moving over to msfs

Hey all, I have been struggling with a few paywares i had to work with msfs, having saidthat i realize it is not possible for the most part.

My biggest challenge right now is getting used to 3d cockpit for airliners. Its Not as easy to fly compared to having everything on a 2d panel. Any suggestions as to how i should setup so i can enjoy flying the plane. Right now im restricted to smaller planes and vfr.

Thank you Enzo

Edited by flightsimmer747

I7 2.8 ghz laptop

16gb ram

Ssd drive

Rtx 3060

Hi,

I take it you have upgraded the pc but not updated your signature on here? :)

I personally fly in VR but used to use three screens, with the image dragged across all three. Not ideal but it works. I do tend to fly small aircraft, but never had an issue with virtual cockpits anyway. Assuming you don’t have VR (or TrackIr?) it’s just a case of looking around the cockpit with your mouse.

What is the payware issue? If it is aircraft..scenery etc designed for MSFS then you shouldn’t have any problems. You can’t use payware designed for previous versions though if that’s what you’ve been trying to do.

Edit: I see your new specs now :)

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Appreciate it. Sig has been updated,

See in the past i had external equipment and mcp pro non of which is compatible so this is all really new to me.

I wish my equipment would become compatible

Ive thought of reverting back to fsx but the graphics are keeping me here.

I7 2.8 ghz laptop

16gb ram

Ssd drive

Rtx 3060

As Steve says, if you have multiple screens then msfs has the ability to drag g1000 cockpit instruments onto separate screens. I'm not sure if this can be done with steam guages though.

I asign the hat switch on my yoke to pan around, which is the best option if you have no track ir or separate screens. In the settings you can adjust the speed of the panning movement.

Another way to quicky look at another part of the cockpit is to set up custom views. Then it is just a matter if a quick keyboard command to switch to another view.

Good luck, things might be a bit frustrating at first as you set things up as it is quite different from previous sims but most will agree that it is worth the effort.

We are always willing to help you get there.

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If you are using a laptop than I can understand why you might prefer a 2D panel. The new sim is completely different to all previous sims (& light years ahead!) but although many may disagree, it is better to run it on a desktop, or with an external screen at least.

I spent a small fortune on scenery when I used to fly FSX but now there is 1000 times more scenery built into the sim than I ever had, and it’s so much better.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Appreciate it. Sig has been updated,

See in the past i had external equipment and mcp pro non of which is compatible so this is all really new to me.

I wish my equipment would become compatible

Ive thought of reverting back to fsx but the graphics are keeping me here.

You could try an external hardware interface like FSUIPC7 to get over the non-compatability issue. I use fsuipc to integrate my home cockpit which is based upon Leo Bodnar interface cards. Works a dream. Best speak to someone to check it'll work before spending money on anything though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I do have some external monitors much bigger in size which helps alot.

As for payware, yes was trying to run old aircrafts lol not possible

I like the idea of panning with yoke and custom views I'll play around with that for abit.

Not sure but seems the pmdg might help with the virtual cockpit depending how the panels can be positioned to another screen

Lastly hardware i speak of is vrinsight FMC and MCP. If these expensive pieces get to work i can almost fly the airliner with just those and use other screen for eye candy.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I7 2.8 ghz laptop

16gb ram

Ssd drive

Rtx 3060

For your vrinsight FMC/MCP wouldn't you need to use Linda? Here is a link at avsim. https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/583434-linda-414a-msfs-2020-compatible-4-mar-2022/
Interesting i could swear up until a few months ago it was not working at all ill have to give thislatest update ago i uninstalled and removed all the hardware, had given up on it.

I'm am more of a boeing flyer. Going to be interesting in the months ahead to get a good payware with all the hardware working.

Hopefully i can sort it all out.

I miss the experience and immersion i got with the level d 767 and all equipment working, with all the latest approach plates and airac cycles. I've been away for a good 8 years ouch. I still dont have as much time as i used too but need to get back into it. Ive messed with msfs on xbox although it looks and feels great, i cant compare to the way i used to sim. I ended up getting a beefy laptop as it's what we needed in the house for the time being. I needed the portability. A desktop will be in the works but not anytime soon.

Are ohers coming from xbox or fsx, what your current ideal setup or aircraft?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I7 2.8 ghz laptop

16gb ram

Ssd drive

Rtx 3060