Bglman.dll causing boot crash (FSDT)

TheRedBadger

Hi y’all. This is related to the FSDreamteam sceneries. I’d already spent about a week with the help of Umberto on their site, but it seems even he’s not sure what to do next.

Without going into grinding details, the simulator crashes anytime a FSDT scenery is installed during boot. We tried several fixes like ensuring FS9.1 and the noCD patch are installed correctly in the right order, as well as downloading their addon manager.

A complete reinstall of the simulator yields the same crash on boot. It is installed in my C: directory, outside of program files (same way I have done it for years). I have windows 10.

C:/flight simulator 9

The event viewer references the “bglman.dll” file in modules as the source of the crash.

%%%%%%%%%

When testing with the LAX scenery (I have others), I get a special “buffer overrun error” and it crashes though we haven’t investigated this very much and I have to confirm again. I am not sure if this is affecting the other sceneries as well.

Note the sceneries (except LAX) we’re all working well up until flying into LAX that I noticed the airport was now “in trial version”. Attempting to register the key resulted in that same overrun error which affected all other sceneries from then on. But not sure how.

For now I’m isolating this as a separate issue, but perhaps I should look into it more.

%%%%%%%%

Thoughts? Thanks!

Carlos Si

Could your antivirus program be blocking bglman.dll? Try adding bglman.dll to your antivirus exceptions or whitelist.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Happens to me as well.

I have 3 installs of FS9. I can get most to work on the one sim, but I get the same as above, an error of i include the .Dll (needed by FSDT sceneries).

If I remove it, sim loads but no FSDT scenery obviously. If I install the scenery, I need the .DLL to use the scenery but the sim doesn’t load.

Weird as is does on one install I have (modern scenery, other is 70’s style). Annoying.

It works, as I have some already installed, but why they won’t on different installs of fs9 I don’t know. Something must conflict but I don’t know what it is.

Perhaps that’s your issue.

Could your antivirus program be blocking bglman.dll? Try adding bglman.dll to your antivirus exceptions or whitelist.

Hmm you can whitelist a file? Heck I don't even know if I have an antivirus on my computer :) . I do have my entire simulator "whitelisted" under some security settings on my computer. I forget what.

There is discussion on FSDreamteam's own forum about this issue:

bglman.dll causing FS9 to crash! (fsdreamteam.com)

John

Seems kind of outdated for me as this references an older version of FSDT when they worked with esellerate. Cloud9 is a foreign language to me :l . I'm also only installing a single scenery at a time.

The buffer overrun issue with LAX no longer persists; it just crashes on boot like every other scenery.

Carlos Si

Don’t worry, I’ve had quite the email conversation with Umberto and get nowhere. I got a feeling it does have something to do with Esellerate but can’t put my finger on it exactly.

How can I not worry when it got you nowhere :confused: ?

Heck if I could install all those files without having to go through the registration crud that'd be great. I wonder if that's the big culprit behind it.

Kinda wish those sceneries were like other paywares where you verify your transaction in the executable, get the files, install it and that's it. Not "install then register in the sim". Just causes a lot of trouble. I understand it's because of demos but certainly you could have a "demo only" addon that doesn't screw with confirmed buyers. Just some feedback, I digress.

For now I'll have to settle on other addons until I decide it's time to try a full computer reinstall which is going to HURT so much backing up everything and hoping I don't make it worse. I did spend decent money on those and I don't want to give up and request a refund.

Carlos Si

That thread concludes, it is clashing with something within FS9 so a full computer reinstall is not necessary. It can't be if you have other installs that do!

I'd be looking at a reinstall of that specific installation of FS9, and selective testing as you go along.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

That thread concludes, it is clashing with something within FS9 so a full computer reinstall is not necessary. It can't be if you have other installs that do!

I'd be looking at a reinstall of that specific installation of FS9, and selective testing as you go along.

John

I tried a full reinstall and only installed any FSDT scenery right after. Unless certain things aren’t quite uninstalled..

Carlos Si