Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Captain Sim - C-130 Captain Exterior for MSFS 2020

Default Article: Captain Sim - C-130 Captain Exterior for MSFS 2020

Well, this takes "work in progress", or "early release" to a new level! Although in fairness there are more than a few "simmers" (probably should label this genre "gamers") that fly around all of the time in external view, and this would be right up their alley. Granted, the price is low, apparently, but since for only around 6 bucks more you can get an outstanding airplane (the B-247) complete, I don't think Captain Sim gets any points here...

What is next, I wonder? The wings only, for around 3 bucks? Or perhaps the fuselage for 5? It will be interesting to see if A) they sell many of these at all, and B) whether they follow it up with a complete version including the cockpit....

I am having flashbacks to the MSFS start. Starting with nice visuality, still no usable functionality. Being a fan of the P3D Herc, I am very baffled by the CS MSFS incomplete project...

Visually there are errors and things wrong with the model, especially the interior. the ADS Arms are shown connected when the ramp and door are in the ground loading position, yet the only model of the C130 that can do that is the J model, as it has redesigned ADS Arms. we have to disconnect them and tie them up before we can lower the ramp. exterior looks decent from what I can see, interior is a mismatch of different 130 configurations. it has the rollers but no dual rails, and some other inconsistencies. Not sure what the appeal for this model is without a VC or any flyable characteristics other than an arcade plane.

Quote Originally Posted by avallillo View Post
    Well, this takes "work in progress", or "early release" to a new level! Although in fairness there are more than a few "simmers" (probably should label this genre "gamers") that fly around all of the time in external view, and this would be right up their alley. Granted, the price is low, apparently, but since for only around 6 bucks more you can get an outstanding airplane (the B-247) complete, I don't think Captain Sim gets any points here...

What is next, I wonder? The wings only, for around 3 bucks? Or perhaps the fuselage for 5? It will be interesting to see if A) they sell many of these at all, and B) whether they follow it up with a complete version including the cockpit....
    If you don't need wings or a fuselage, you can get just a jet engine for free...

https://flightsim.to/file/7816/flying-engine
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dogdish View Post
    If you don't need wings or a fuselage, you can get just a jet engine for free...
    Hilarious - it's like Wonder Woman's new invisible Airbus jet was just too big to be completely invisible.

E model...?
    C'mon really

Quote Originally Posted by manschy View Post
    I am having flashbacks to the MSFS start. Starting with nice visuality, still no usable functionality. Being a fan of the P3D Herc, I am very baffled by the CS MSFS incomplete project...
    Why surprised? Every Captain Sim release for MSFS so far has been incomplete. This one is only different in that it is even less complete than the others. Basically they are producing external models only and using default instrumentation where available. They shouldn't charge for freeware standard output like this.

You'd think Captain Sim would have the capability to make new gauges in MSFS as they do in FSX and P3D but they don't seem to be bothering.

Dunno what the fuss is about? Surely for only an extra five bucks they could sell us a REAL one?
    Cap'n S(l)ime do it again. Wouldn't buy ir, even if they paid ME!

Am I missing something? CS did some pretty decent aircraft for FSX and P3D. This just screams "low effort/no effort" compared to the 707, 727, even the new 737 Classic. I understand every developer needs to spend a lot of time and resources learning a new platform, but pushing out an exterior model with no VC and charging for it is just ... low. When everybody else is taking their time to bring improved systems simulation into MSFS, CS is just shotgunning the market with low effort "products." Ridiculous pinecones they are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast