Al Out of options

ulpilotrmh

Back in February I purchased a download of MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition and managed to almost immediately delete the thing. I then find out the policy is you only get the one download, and that Best Buy cannot or would not send another download. Appeals to Best Buy, Microsoft, Geek Squad and Asobo were to no avail. I did not know there is a one download limit on this sim until I tried to correct my error. I can't believe I'm the first to fall prey to this rule and am hoping that someone here can help me out.

Lots of people mess up from time to time and we see posts where others say, "You will need to do a fresh install," or words to that effect. So if you have proof you bought it that should suffice in my mind.

Even some of the flight sim online stores put your download in a place you can download again if you get a new PC or mess up along the way, so again what if your PC crashes and you buy a new one, do you have to purchase FS again?

Col.

Lots of people mess up from time to time and we see posts where others say, "You will need to do a fresh install," or words to that effect. So if you have proof you bought it that should suffice in my mind.

Even some of the flight sim online stores put your download in a place you can download again if you get a new PC or mess up along the way, so again what if your PC crashes and you buy a new one, do you have to purchase FS again?

Col.

Thanks for the reply. I never got to the install since the download was deleted. Also where does it say you are allowed one download?

Could you provide a bit more detail on what exactly you downloaded and from where? The last time this came up I took a quick look the issue seems to be on the Best Buy side, but not having bought any software from them, I am not 100% certain.

Regarding MSFS, most people either buy it direct from MS through the MS Store app in Windows, or through the Steam store. In both cases you are able to download the sim as many times as you like, and even install it on multiple computers at the same time (only one install can be used at a given time, however). I suspect the Best Buy process was meant to get you a product key to redeem on the MS Store, but as I said above, I'm not 100% clear on their process.

Col.

No, you don't need to purchase the sim again if you need/want to reinstall, at least when purchased through the MS or Steam stores.