Flight Simulation Museum Youtube Channel

chris34

Hi all,

I thought I posted this here but I guess I haven't! :confused:

I recently started a YouTube channel where I want to celebrate the history of Flight Simulator and all the amazing stories that come with it. Feel free to check it out if you are interested :)

My most recent video, which I uploaded just a while ago, is about the AVSIM hack that occured in 2009. I have a few other videos up now as well for your perusal.

Thanks!

Chris

Edited by chris34
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

Hello fans of Flight Sim fun,

Today I have a new video up, this one is a big trip back in time for those of you in the flight sim world in the early 2000's: The Ready for Pushback 747!

Enjoy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...
Hi chris34, somehow I missed your first two posts 4-5-22, 8-3-22, or vaguely remember the posts, however I don't recall looking at your YouTube. Just watched your 'Love letter to Flight Simulator 2004'. Beautifully done sir, lovely music and your dulcit voice commentary, and I love the gentle pace of the video. Very professional video work, Hollywood quality. Will now watch the 747 video on this lovely sunny late spring morning here in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Australia. You have a new fan! You've captured the essence of the joy, fraternity and pure altruism that is the flight sim community. Edited by MAD1

Hi chris34, somehow I missed your first two posts 4-5-22, 8-3-22, or vaguely remember the posts, however I don't recall looking at your YouTube. Just watched your 'Love letter to Flight Simulator 2004'. Beautifully done sir, lovely music and your dulcit voice commentary, and I love the gentle pace of the video. Very professional video work, Hollywood quality. Will now watch the 747 video on this lovely sunny late spring morning here in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Australia. You have a new fan! You've captured the essence of the joy, fraternity and pure altruism that is the flight sim community.

Thank you so much for the very kind words! Glad you're enjoying my videos, and I hope to have many more coming down the pipeline soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

I thought I posted this here but I guess I haven't! :confused:

I recently started a YouTube channel where I want to celebrate the history of Flight Simulator and all the amazing stories that come with it. Feel free to check it out if you are interested :)

My most recent video, which I uploaded just a while ago, is about the AVSIM hack that occured in 2009. I have a few other videos up now as well for your perusal.

Thanks!

Chris

I remember this well. I posted a comment on AVSIM or on YouTube about how people should help try to revive the downloads by submitting what ever they had downloaded back to the website. Of course this would be kinda hard to do, but one comment stood out that really pissed me off in that they said something to the effect the uploads could be laced with malware. While true, one has to wonder if this commentor ever heard of modern day anti-virus software?

From the video:

"No alternate backup offsite or disconnected from these servers."

This is EXACTLY why today I not only have live backups, but cold storage backups for all of my data. Even for my very own website. RAID is NOT a backup strategy, it's only one layer out of many. And backups need to be tested for functionality. It can all be a giant PITA. But data can be worth as much as currency...

Rewriting a platter drive with nothing but 0s means nothing. Data CAN still be recovered. The FBI knows this to be true. In order for a platter to have total sanitation you need to use a degausser. I'm sure all branches of the U.S. federal government use or had used degaussers. Especially the State Department. DoD 5220.22 this and that is bunk when it comes to writing 0s and whatnot. For the flash based storage HDDs, those are manufacturer specific and mostly entails raises the cell's voltage a few micro volts. Or better yet, drill a hole in the center of each flash chip.

In the beginning of the video there is as a reverb sound effect, and it's in other parts of the video as well. This reverb sound effect sounds exactly like a sound effect I heard circa 2002 in the PlayStation 2 game Ace Combat Shattered Skies. :D That was MY first Simulator so to speak. I absolutely loved that game and my Bro. and I had some pretty damn good dog fights.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

Something that would be a good Subject for a video would be the history of the FlightSim Around The World Race.

When I began to get 'serious' about FlightSim some 13 years ago, the RTW was the premier FS event of the Year. Seemed like everyone was Route planning and cobbling together airplanes that would pass the White List, and getting their FS-Duenna flight tracking software working properly!

I couldn't join in because I had everything invested in my FS 2002 install, and didn't own FS9 yet. I was also heavily invested into Bush flying, doing the BFU and Alaskan Winds VA thing. Bush flying was the reason I got serious about FS.

I pine for the old days, and the little things that were unique to each FS Site, along with the 'characters' you'd meet along the way...

Here at FlightSim.com, it was the whole "Peerhoven" story and the fantastical Reprints Rory Thomson came up with. It's also where I know the most folks.

At the Outhouse, it was the RTW and CFS2 (a Sim which I've recently reinstalled and have fallen in love with all over again), and the DC-3 Airlines VA World Rally (a VA that I still fly for today).

Simviation was the FS Travel place, where "Fozzer" would post his flowery Travelogues about where he's flown in the FS World, and his incredulity whenever he'd hear about the Wx where I live (CO), because he never expected we have 70° weather in January, or that it'd snow in June.

Avsim was where four of us that lived here in the Denver area first met, and then started meeting for Breakfast to talk all things FS. It was where Colorado Flight Simmers was born.

Sorry I digressed... looking forward to more FS History videos, Chris!

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG