Where to start

propercharles

Oh boy. where to start.. I was a flight sim pilot but have been gone a number of years. Guess what I have forgotten EVERYTHING. I have a thousand question but will not bombard the site with all of them. I am currently waiting to For MSFS 2020 to arrive should come tomorrow. I have already purchased the thrust master Airbus side stick and intend to buy the complimentary throttle and quadrant. This is because I was a dedicated airbus man in my past pilots life. So first question. What is the best current Airbus a320 add on? Q2 What Radio system does MSFS 2020 use for Virtual airline ATC? Ok no more for now except maybe any tips for one such as me? Thanks a lot...

Actually, you will probably find a lack of memory of FSX or FS2002 to be an asset rather than a problem. This program is very different than the prior versions. Many of the "issues" are folks who grew used to the way FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX worked, and are stumped at the change in key assignments and function in the new FS2020 version. I can't really address the best A320, I don't fly it a lot in the stock form, and I have not added the enhanced versions. You will be stunned by the graphical improvements.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Thank you Plainsman.. I am beginning to see that in fact, there are not many add-ons for MSFS 2020. I hope this is because the standard gear is so good. For example maybe only One A320. Also I bought the standard edition of the sim but have recently ordered the premium version as this has more high quality aircraft and airports. (Dont worry will give the standard version to my grandson)) I imagine I have a world of problems and questions ahead so stand by me new chums hehehehe..

No, there aren't nearly as many options for aircraft add-ons for MSFS right now compared to previous sims, but more and more are coming all the time. For an A320, check out the FlyByWire A32NX, which is free and open source, and is constantly being improved.

https://flybywiresim.com/

On the scenery side there are a lot more options. There are a few free options in the File Library here, and lots more at the flightsim.to site.

https://flightsim.to/

Orbx, Drzewiecki Design and other developers also have plenty of scenery options for sale too.