Fs2000 3d hardware acceleration in windows 10

jacilore

Hi:

I have installed FS2000 in a couple of PC's. But in the newest one I installed, I can't get to Enable the 3d Hardware acceleration, so the game runs much worse.

I also have FS2004 installed, but everything there about 3d hardware is fine.

My computer is an Intel® Core™ i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz 16 GB RAM

My graphic card is NVIDIA GTX 1060 GTI 3 GB

I also have Direct12 installed

Anyone could help me?. Regards.

• 2 months later...
Hi:

I have installed FS2000 in a couple of PC's. But in the newest one I installed, I can't get to Enable the 3d Hardware acceleration, so the game runs much worse.

I also have FS2004 installed, but everything there about 3d hardware is fine.

My computer is an Intel® Core™ i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz 16 GB RAM

My graphic card is NVIDIA GTX 1060 GTI 3 GB

I also have Direct12 installed

Anyone could help me?. Regards.

A late reply, but I just wanted to share my experience with FS2000..

First off, it will run perfect in Windows 7. I had no issues at all when I had Windows 7 on my machines.

3d accel, and all else is fine.

On to Windows 10, I have tried everything to get 3D to work properly. It will in windowed mode but as soon as I go fullscreen all panels are cut in half, and nothing seems to remedy it. It won't recognize nGlide and I have had no luck with DXWnd. Windows 10 just doesn't co-operate with FS2000. And I don't want to squint at a small window. Note that I have tested with many different DirectX wrappers and workarounds that usually makes other old gems work.

I have tried running FS2000 with VMware Pro, with both Win 98 and Win XP. Using Win98, VMware does not support 3d accel, so one is stuck with a jerky software mode. It runs poorly too. VMware supports 3D accel when running XP, but FS2000 is all messed up at least for me. Jerky, garbled graphics, just bad. This might be because emulating both Windows XP AND running Fs2000 on top of it might be a bit too much for VMware, and in turn my laptop.

It is a really difficult sim to run these days, which is sad because FS2000 is a favourite of mine. It has great atmosphere. My experience is that having a dedicated laptop for Windows 7 / FS2000 is the way to go. :)

Edited by flightnerd86

Hi thanks very much for the reply.

I think we can help ourselves

First, I've got to work FS2000 in a rather good and new Windows 10 laptop and it runs fine.

It is an Intel I7 1195G7 2.90 Ghz with 16 GB RAM

Graphic card is Intel Iris Xe Graphics.

About your Windows 7 FS2000. Which processor and graphic card do you have?

Do you think I could work with an advanced I7 CP with an Nvidia GTX 3070?

Because I wanted to make a partition on it with W7 if there are chances.

Thanks and regards.

Hi thanks very much for the reply.

I think we can help ourselves

First, I've got to work FS2000 in a rather good and new Windows 10 laptop and it runs fine.

It is an Intel I7 1195G7 2.90 Ghz with 16 GB RAM

Graphic card is Intel Iris Xe Graphics.

About your Windows 7 FS2000. Which processor and graphic card do you have?

Do you think I could work with an advanced I7 CP with an Nvidia GTX 3070?

Because I wanted to make a partition on it with W7 if there are chances.

Thanks and regards.

Good to hear you got it working! I wish I could get my panels to not cut in half in fullscreen in W10. Must be the integrated graphic chipset in my newest HP laptop..

Hmm, about my Win 7 machine, it is a 2012 model Lenovo G580 Intel i5 with integrated intel graphics. Old now but still really fast machine. I am not sure about the hardware you describe, I guess it depends on wether there are Win 7 drivers for it around. :)

Hi, now that you say it, yes, the panels of my laptop might be also cut in half in FULLSCREEN. I recall now to have found a solution, but maybe it's just that I changed to Window screen, but then again, it seems to have worked by just resizing it to a full screen size, as for me I don't remember to have anything to solve about that; anyway I will chech again and tell you, as I don't have it with me now.

Apart from that, it seems I got it to work in several other more or less new PC's, even without the cut panels issue.

Regards.

It is a strange error, I have tried many possible solutions, wrappers, etc.. But no.. If you have a different solution than to change window size, do let me know. I feel it must be some DirectX issue. :)

I too did this, I remember I made a "template" wallpaper in windows with different "boxes" of varying resolutions. So to play in 1024 x 768 I resized FS2000 to those boundaries.. haha

• 1 month later...

I have been able to get FS2000 to work on windows 10 just fine. It also helps to use a wrapper like dgVooDoo.

In my testing FS2000 does not like any resolution above 1080p. So stick with 1080P or lower and it should eliminate a lot of problems regarding graphics.

• Like 1