Using FSPanelStudio to update a panel converted to FSX - Can't find data

merlin_66

In FSX while sitting for takeoff with a taildragger, you can use the W key to reduce the main instrument panel to a series of six gauges positioned along the bottom of the screen.

Looking at the panel.cfg I can't find a "panel" window in which I can edit the gauges. (In one of the models I can find a "Window06 MINIPANEL" but this doesn't appear consistent across the models)

Is there a default which presents the MINIPANEL?

Appreciate your help.

Ken

I'm thinking FSX's code does this with your primary instruments. So if you want to change the HSI or what ever, you'd have to change the primary instruments I'm afraid. I'd have to confirm this. I do have FSPanelStudio.

One way to get that "look" is by creating a new window for the aircraft and adding your gauges you wish like FSX's mini panel. I've done this before. And there are simicons here in the library that you can use. So you'd place one in your cockpit and that will open the newly created window. In that window you'd have another simicon to close it and go back to the VC or 2D. If you look at the simicon gauge code in FSPanelStudio, you can see the number that corresponds to it. That number is used for the window ID.

It's been awhile since I messed with FSPanelStudio.

Edit-

Make damn sure you backup your panel.cfgs as you go along. The software does this, but I don't trust the "machine". If for some reason you messed something up (rather than down...), and shadow copies are turned on (like a couples night out) in Windows, you can use a program called ShadowCopyView by Nirsoft. You an also explore files in a system restore point with SystemRestoreExploerer by "Nic".

Anyway, now you know, and "knowing is half the battle. GI Jose Hernandez Gonzalez!"

meksika-mexico-flag.gif

Edited by CRJ_simpilot