FSX and Win11 installation failure

peejayess

Can anyone help, as I cannot get FSX to install on my PC which is running on Win11. I maybe stupid as having tried suggestions offered by Microsoft, none seem to work and all look as if they're aimed at Windows10. I might add that FSX worked well on an older PC running on Win10, but my present PC (Win11) is supposedly a higher spec than my old one (Win10) and I'm unable to revert this Pc to Win10.

any suggestions?

Thanks for reading this

Paul

Hi Paul,

Can you be more specific as to the issue?...

You state that you cannot install FSX - what is actually happening?...

For example, is it failing to even start the install process...or the install process stalls,,,,or does it install but doesn't load when you attempt to start the sim...

Each of these scenarios requires a different approach to resolving the issue so the more information the better....

Regards

Brian

Hi Brian

Thank you for your reply. .what happens is that installation begins (from DVD's) and after perhaps a minute having gone through the various windows seeking confirmation etc of installation location, I can see five bars in the installation progress window identifying progress but then stalls after about 5 or 6 minutes and I then get a generic error code 1603 which according to Microsoft simply identifies installation failure and that's all that happens. No other data seems to be available.

Hope this helps clarify the issue

Regards

Paul

• 3 months later...
Top Gun, Great reply and not saying/helping anyone at all! Has this happened to you? Have you tried all the fixes? Do they work? My problem for weeks and nothing works, even with clean OS install Windows 11. Instead of "same fixes apply", give us one that will fix this!!!

Try copying disc one to your HD/SSD and run it from there

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

All thanks for the suggestions but finally got it open!! The cmd prompt with the 2006 Microsoft KB298060 fix did it but only after I did a complete fresh Windows 11 reinstall! Tried the same fix with the partial reset and no luck. Only way was fresh install! I don't wish that on anyone!! Happy with my FSX back!