FSUIPC Installs but does not Show up in FSX or Communicate with FSC

djp1701

I have a friend who is not tech saavy, but has been using Flight Simulator for more than 10 years. He recently got a new computer and has successfully reinstalled FSX and FS Commander. He has re-purchased (lost license years ago) FSUIPC and it appears to install and license correctly, however, upon opening FSX, FSUIPC does not appear in the menu bar, nor is FSX interacting with FSC (e.g. he is unable to locate his plane at an airport. I have tried to help (I am very tech saavy, but have zero experience with flight sims) but have been unable to determine the issue. Hoping there is a quick answer to this issue that I can take back to him (in person) and apply to get him fully back up and running.

Additional related question: Once he gets back up and running with FSUIPC on FSX, will everything continue to work if he performs an in-line upgrade to FS2020 after he gets a more modern video card (note the card he has now is supported for FSX).

Thank you in advance for the assist, I know he will appreciate it.

I have tried to help (I am very tech saavy, but have zero experience with flight sims) but have been unable to determine the issue.

Post the FSUIPC install log, and any FSUIPC4.LOG file it creates in its install directory when the sim is run. FSUIPC provides a lot of diagnostic info.

Cheers!

Fs2020 is not an update of fsx.

It is a separate program and installing it should not affect your install of fsx.

...And needs a completely separate purchase and installation (and download). FSUIPC is version 7 for MSFS, version 4 for FSX (and version 6 for P3d)

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

They NOT cross-compatible.

You may need to add or edit the dll.xml file section.

This post contains a dll.xml file fsuipc section. (last section)

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?335551-Fsx-sdk&p=2173081#post2173081

4 posts before that in the thread is more explanation about the dll.xml file. (post by f16jockey)

Make sure the fsuipc path in your dll.xml file is correct for your fsuipc location. If it isn't edit (or add) the path in the dll.xml file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You may need to add or edit the dll.xml file section.

This post contains a dll.xml file fsuipc section. (last section)

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?335551-Fsx-sdk&p=2173081#post2173081stickman hook

4 posts before that in the thread is more explanation about the dll.xml file. (post by f16jockey)

Make sure the fsuipc path in your dll.xml file is correct for your fsuipc location. If it isn't edit (or add) the path in the dll.xml file.

Thanks!

cool that you got it fixed with only that vague link I posted. I thought you would, after your

quote: I am very tech saavy,
but glad it worked. lol:D

Welcome to the forum.:cool:

Oh, ask anything you want of course. Always. But just so you know, you can find a search box at the top of every page. And if you click on the little magnifying glass next to it you get the "advanced search" options. Enjoy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok...so...and update after heading over to his house. He has FSX Standard, not deluxe or any other flavor and as such does not have the SDK. Is there any way that he can make use of FSUICP without it or is he going to have to shell out around $60 for a new copy of the Accelerator Pack?

Ok...so...and update after heading over to his house. He has FSX Standard, not deluxe or any other flavor and as such does not have the SDK. Is there any way that he can make use of FSUICP without it or is he going to have to shell out around $60 for a new copy of the Accelerator Pack?

FSUIPC is a separate, stand-alone program.

It does NOT require Accelerator Pack.

Simply install into FSX. Then decide whether it needs to benefit from being paid-for. Get info from Pete Dowson:

https://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

he does not need the sdk for fsuipc.

he only needs the fsuipc section in his file. not the sdk sections.

I only linked that thread as an example of how the dll.xml file starts utilities together with fsx.

In that thread the things in his dll.xml file just happen to be the sdk (not needed for your freind) and fsuipc.

Edited by il88pp
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Post the logs. What you need to troubleshoot is found within them.

Luke

Ok...thank you...so with that, he still has the issue where FSUIPC does not appear in the FSX menu bar nor does it show the location of his plane in FS Commander. Similar to the SDK instructions, does the path to FSUICP need to be full? By default, the location is relative (e.g. "module\FSUIPC.dll"). Happy to upload the logs the next time I am over there...which ones would be helpful to resolve his dilemma? Thank you!

• 2 months later...

He needs to install FSX SP2. He's running the original, unpatched version. He'll also get noticeable performance increases by going to at least SP1, but a lot of FSX compatible software demands Sp2.

Cheers!

Thank you, Luke...do you know off the top of your head if there is a cost involved to installing FP2? If not, I could do that for him while I have his machine. Alternatively, he is considering upgrading to MSFS-2020 which will require the newer version of FSUIPC (FSUIPC7 ???)...would it make more sense for him to do the upgrade to 2020 vs updating FSX to SP2? An additional question, he has a Radeon 550X...will that card work for 2020? I'm trying to convince him to upgrade to an RTX-3060, but not sure he has the budget for that. Thx.