FSX Millitary Airbases have no parking?

Hello everyone,

Ive bought a globemaster C17 Addon for FSX, and I wanted to do an IFR plan flight from Brize Norton AB, However ive noticed on FSX there is no parking available at AB'S, Only option is the runways and the fuel box.

Im just wondering if theres a addon anywhere with AB's with parking?

Kindest Thanks

You might have to go in and use Airport Design Editor to create parking at most default Air Bases. Some freeware addons may offer parking. I would just pull off of the runway and go park where I wanted.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Airport Design Editor (ADE) is great, really. But be aware that to use ADE you have to have the Fsx-SDK installeed as well.

Plus, a small edit of an airport can be done quickly with ADE, but making Addon airports from scratch can be a lengthy process.

for now I'd start by finding Addon airports that others made. Plenty of stuff right here in the flightsim.com File Library. (link at top left of page somewhere)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The flight plan doesn't specify parking, so you can file to the airfield then decide where you want to park, as the Zipper suggested, since ATC can't help you there, unless you want to start learning ADE. It's a super program and you can do a lot with it, but the learning process isn't a 10 minute learn and go- it takes a fair chunk of time.

Or as il88pp says you can look for add-on files that have already done what you want (and probably a lot more too).

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Hi,

As dlfrenchmd' has pointed out MAIW (website HERE) has loads of scenery for both FSX and FS9....alas there is no scenery for BZN but there are AI models and flightplans for the aircraft based there....

A good rendition of BZN, albeit for FS9 and not upto date with regards to the current airfield layout, can be found here at flightsim.com - search for nbegvn06.zip...

Although its for FS9 most FS9 scenery can be installed into FSX with little problem - just look out for any traffic files -see below...

Most of the original MAIW packages were for FS9 they have issued converted models for FSX and now have an increasing number of FSX based packages, scenery etc...

There is also a very comprehensive guide on the website that details how best to install FS9 stuff into FSX and what potential problems may occur...

You can browse the MAIW website without logging in but to download stuff you will need to register - its free...

Regards

Brian

Hi Jorgen,

the JF website loads items in a different order depending on how you select the listing...

However, an easy way to find the free stuff is to use the search box located at centre top above the category buttons and enter the phrase free into the field - it will display all the free stuff...

You don't need a JF account to download the free stuff - simply click on the item and once the page is loaded there is a download button to start the download...

Regards

Brian

Sorry you just need to select FSX then scenery which should have 9 pages

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

This very website's library has a lot as well. I have made some of them myself and uploaded here...

If you are like me and have loads and loads of AI air traffic, then get in the habit of "upgrading" each airport you fly from and to -- to accommodate all the parking needed. Eventually your world wide airports will all be upgraded. At least the one's you fly to most often. FSX's core has 24,222 airports. LOL!

Edited by CRJ_simpilot