Will Windows 10 run FS2004

gypsymoth

Hi Terry,

Short answer is yes...

There is plenty of info on this site with details on how to achieve it....

To find that info is simple - enter the phrase below into search window located at top right and then hit the enter key or click on the small icon located to the right of the search field to return the results....

Running FS2004 on Win 10

You can also use the same phrase on google to get more answers from other sites...

Regards

Brian

I have this just in:

'Sadly, Microsoft has stopped selling Windows 7 and modern hardware has no Windows 7 support natively available, so our hardware would be nonfunctioning on this operating system, it is a huge shame.'

Does this makes sense ?

TW

I have this just in:

'Sadly, Microsoft has stopped selling Windows 7 and modern hardware has no Windows 7 support natively available, so our hardware would be nonfunctioning on this operating system, it is a huge shame.'

Does this makes sense ?

TW

Yes. Windows 7 no longer functions on new hardware and has no more support. If the intention is to run a game from 2003, it is still the best OS for it. Of course if you want to do other things beside use FS9, then you may have to use Win 10 and sacrifice FS9 a little.

Mark Daniels

I'm still happily running FS2004 on W7. And I have a lot of software which also runs fine such as FSrealWX, Airport Design Editor and gmax. Apart from flight simulator related stuff I have MS Word and MS Works (both from 1997) and various picture editing software. For internet I use Firefox and outlook for emails. All of which does what I need it to do. Why do I need to pay for Windows 10 or 11 plus the software that will run on it?

There may come a day when te internet stuff stops working, but then I'll buy a small machine for that and keep the W7 running as it is.

I forgot to say that I use W7 for everything...........secrity update occur quite frequently too.

Security updates and fixes stopped Jan 2020. Updates you get now will be for other elements on your PC. People confuse these as being normal updates but they are not.

Operating system security updates are greatly overrated. Virus protection, yes, ok, if you are liable to do silly things but another program can handle this. There are still people running Win XP without ever having any security issues.

I’ll always run Win 7 and Win XP as I like my old games. I spend time getting broken software to run on Win 10 but that’s just for fun. For myself, I simply use the appropriate operating system.

Mark Daniels

They are marked as Windows Security Updates........I just click OK. As everything runs very smoothly I rest comtortably !

A friend runs XP in a laptop. I gave him my FS2004 in the Vista machine I had for a long time....he's over the moon with both Who needs W11 !! ?

Edited by gypsymoth