CFS3 TOW Pt. I 1940-42 is released!

mongoose44

Finally! After 15 odd years!

You need to down load

CFS3 TOW Pt.1 1940-1942.zip

readmes and docs.zip

and of course A.I.Radar_v1.2.rar which is also available here at Warbirds Library'

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4qz0u...-1942.zip/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ehltv..._docs.zip/file

Installation of CFS3 TOW Pt. I 1940-42 (read the full info in the 'mustread' document)

NOTE: There in no cfs3.exe file in any download. It is assume that you have CFS3 and can copy the cfs3.exe file from one of you other installs.

The same applies to the MultiCFS3.exe file.

Ankor’s shaders are definitely required are not included, but as they have been adjusted specifically to night time conditions, I include separately my TextureMagic.ini file for the Shaders30 folder, and the d3d8.ini file for the main TOW Pt I folder. You must get the latest shaders from SOH at http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=161. Then either keep your .ini files, or replace the 2 files mentions totally or paste and copy mine’s content into yours.

1. In https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles there are several zip folders. The main Install folder is labeled “CFS3 TOW Pt. I 1940-42” Download this to your Desktop or where ever . Make a new folder and place the zip file in there, and use extract “extract here” to extract the folder “CFS3 TOW Pt. I 1940-42”

2.Place the folder in your main C drive, or which ever drive you want. I do not suggest placing it in any program folder. Copy and paste cfs3.exe into the CFS3 TOW Pt. I 1940-42 folder.

3. Copy your MultiCFS3.exe into the install, to rename the installation “CFS3 TOW Pt. I 1940-42”. or whatever name you want.

4. Activate the cfs3config.exe file to set your configuration settings as high as your equipment will allow and I have included elsewhere the one I use as a starter.

5. There should be no random spawns in this install as basically they would be inappropriate. Just in case, there is a “02 No spawns.bat” file included with a shortcut that can be copied and pasted elsewhere.

6. The uimusic default setting is the Luftwaffe’s “Komm_Zurück” For this and other default settings and alternatives, see Part 6 of 'mustread' doc.

The title ‘The Other War’ or the acronym, TOW, comes from my adaption of a seminal book’s title by Peter Hinchliffe called ‘The Other Battle, Luftwaffe Night Aces versus Bomber Command’, the first book I got on the subject probably 17 years go; the first of an ever increasing library. I changed the ‘battle’ to ‘war; as I believe that is a more accurate description of 5 years aerial warfare, at night, between the RAF Bomber and Fighter commands, and the Luftwaffe ‘Kampfgeschwarder’ and ‘Nachtjagdgeschwarder’ units. Later of course, with the arrival of the United States on the European front, the aerial war was continued into daytime operations, but that is another story!

The stand alone CFS3 install represents the ideas and work, spanning over many years, mainly by Ted ‘Nachtpiloten’ Kaniuka, who produced many excellent aircraft and other features for the Luftwaffe defense efforts, often by irritating prodding by me. We are of course indebted to many others, and these will be acknowledged below, with apologies to those many that we are also indebted to but I have not named through ignorance.

This ‘Must Read’ document is broken up into several sections, some of which exist also in their own right as separate documents.

Acknowledgements

Firstly, this install is based on original work done by the ETO team covering all versions of that install. I therefore enclose, with other documents, the CFS3 ETO Expansion Cumulative Update Rev 1.4 where the credits for contributors can be found on page 38. many of the ETO features and items are directly transferred from the ETO install to this TOW install.

Ted ‘NachtPiloten’ Kaniuka, made many of the models for RAF and LW aircraft, and in addition has modified some others’ models. In general, each model should have in its xdp file, reference to those involved. My apologies if there are any omissions. NachtPiloten also did most of the work and the ‘Kammhuber Line’ or ‘Himmellbett’

John ‘Brave/4’ Whelan is responsible for many of the aircraft paint jobs, not only for those done for various model makers, but also for versions that I had specifically requested.

Stephan ‘sdsbolt’ Seybolt made what I consider a game changing app allowing British Night Fighter aircraft to have radar and or Fighter Control features, and Luftwaffe bombers to have ‘knickebein’ navigation, the Nachtjagd fighters to have Fighter Control , and both to have ILS Lorenz landing features. ( More on that below). In addition he has contributed to aircraft modeling and adaptation.

Rob ‘Captain Winters’ Stevenson has done much work on aircraft xdps and other features, as well as giving much good advice.

AnKor for the marvelous Shaders which are used here in a special nighttime setting.

Andy ‘MajorMagee’ Magee for his contribution to the use of Ankor’s Shaders, and that includes work on +clights and +nlights, as well as his work on dynamic reticles, all of which are used throughout the install.

Daniel ‘gecko’ Holtz. whose work, among other things, on Target Indicator (TIs) and flare effects has been essential, and will be more so in upcoming Parts 2 and 3.

Clive ‘Pat Pattle’ Morely who helped on various airbases features and gave me plenty of useful advice.

Joost ‘Frosty’ who has long helped me with making Gmax items; again even more essential in upcoming TOW Parts 2 and 3.

John ‘SPQR’ Turek Jr. helped with building damage facilities, and some weather files.

Loic ‘Led Zepplin’ Bourdais, who did some missions which I have appropriated and changed somewhat.

Ton ’Foute Man’ Tanke whose Luftwaffe Blitz bomber adaptations are used here.

David ‘Daiwilletti’ who has assisted with many problems which have come up in many areas. Also his work with MajoMagee on sorting out the effects.xml

Rafael Dipper who did buildings work for and with me for German defenses a long time ago.

Fredrick ‘ronnybengt’ Magnusson who did paints for some NJ aircraft way back!

Steven190 who did alternative TI brackets

exc141ac for alternative HUD gauges

There are no doubt countless others who have either contributed indirectly through other installs, as well as those who have contributed over the years to this project. My apologies to those whom I have neglected to name.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...