Stop Installing NVIDIA Drivers WRONG

daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

You do what YOU want to I'll do what I want to.....

Very true. I just install it via the Nvidia download page. Works. Or uninstall using the windows uninstall programs thingy. Works every time. Mostly.

Since right now my GPU lost signal, switched to the m/b onboard to get a display, and the GPU not detected, no driver was detected and now cant install a driver since the GPU isnt detected and I cant detect the GPU because there's no driver. And there's no driver because I cant install it since its "not compatible windows" even though I'd already installed it when it was working. But since now the GPU has no signal....

On and on and on and on it goes. Around and around and around. With no end in site. Playing flight sim without a GPU kinda sucks.

There’s no earthly way of knowing

Which direction they are going!

There’s no knowing where they’re rowing,

Or which way they river’s flowing!

Not a speck of light is showing,

So the danger must be growing,

For the rowers keep on rowing,

And they’re certainly not showing

Any signs that they are slowing…

switch pc off

remove card

switch pc on

(I think card driver is then removed, or use discontinued by Win)

switch pc off

remove cable from onboard

put card in and attach cable to card.

boot

expect low resolution setting at first. (and expect driver install required.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

(The same thing happened on my pc a few times. After simply connecting to onboard I got no signal from card any more. Nothing was wrong with card.)

I may have the first steps wrong.

more correct could be:

Shut pc down

Remove card AND remove cable from onboard.

Then, without card and without monitor attached, press power button to boot. (It may actually reset IRQ or something and not driver at all like I was thinking earlier.)

After boot has completed, shut down by 'press and hold power button' till pc shuts down.

Now plug in card and attach cable to card.

Boot again.

(Still expect low res. and driver install required.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

(The same thing happened on my pc a few times. After simply connecting to onboard I got no signal from card any more. Nothing was wrong with card.)

I may have the first steps wrong.

more correct could be:

Shut pc down

Remove card AND remove cable from onboard.

Then, without card and without monitor attached, press power button to boot. (It may actually reset IRQ or something and not driver at all like I was thinking earlier.)

After boot has completed, shut down by 'press and hold power button' till pc shuts down.

Now plug in card and attach cable to card.

Boot again.

(Still expect low res. and driver install required.)

Appreciate the help but unfortunately that didn't help.

You do what YOU want to I'll do what I want to.....

Agree 100% I posted this just for the info......

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

• 1 month later...
What I have been doing may be all wrong, but I have never had any problems. I just installed the latest driver from NVIDEA for my trusty, old GTX 1080 Ti, and it runs better than ever. Over many years I have installed new GPU drivers directly without uninstalling anything. I believe NVIDIA once stated that uninstalling the previous driver is not necessary, as the new driver overwrites the changed parts only. Anyway, the size of the files has only grown a little, and it has always worked without problems for me.

What I have been doing may be all wrong, but I have never had any problems. I just installed the latest driver from NVIDEA for my trusty, old GTX 1080 Ti, and it runs better than ever. Over many years I have installed new GPU drivers directly without uninstalling anything. I believe NVIDIA once stated that uninstalling the previous driver is not necessary, as the new driver overwrites the changed parts only. Anyway, the size of the files has only grown a little, and it has always worked without problems for me.

I'm jealous. I still have no GPU working. Any flightsim without a GPU is uuughh. I'd take a working GT250 right now if I could I'm that desperate.

I am sorry to hear that, but I am not smart enough to have any suggested solutions. Hope you will find one!

I know. Its doing my head in. I dont know much about it either.

I've tried 2 GPU's, both M/B slots and none of them are detected. Both GPU's barely more than a year old or so. M/B a few months old.

So strange.