Panel.cfg hiding itself behind the task bar at the bottom of the screen

Downwind66

Don't know what I did, but now all aircraft, when I try to open the panel.cfg, the screen info hides behind the tool/task bar at the bottom of the screen? Tried everything I can think of!

Thanks for any help!

Rickl :(

###### Never mind, I think I found the problem????? ######

Edited by Downwind66
Found a solution

"Never mind, I think I found the problem?..."

Do you mind sharing the possible solution? It may be very helpful to someone in the future. Many times folks in the sim community may have a similar issue and may search for solutions only to find that a solution is still out of reach.

Thank you Rickl

i7 8086K @ 5.2 GHz, H115i Pro Cooler, GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7, 8GB GeForce GTX 1080, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3200Mhz, 250GB SAMSUNG 970 M.2, 500GB SAMSUNG 970 M.2, 1TB WD Black, EVGA 650watt SuperNOVA G3 80+ GOLD, Corsair Black Obsidian Series 750D case, LG Ext Blu-ray/CD/DVD, Win 10 64bit, Samsung 32” Odyssey G70B 4K IPS 144Hz G-Sync

It was something stupid on my part? I must have inadvertently dragged the aircraft.cfg of one aircraft down behind the task bar at the botton of the screen. It must have had an effect on all my aircraft but I managed to pinch enough of the top with the cursor to drag it back up where it belonged. Is that what caused the mishap? I think so, but could have been a number of things that I didn't think of, but, if this works for someone else out there, I am pleased with my solution working for them!

Happy Flying and as the saying goes, "Stranger things have happened!"

Rick :cool:

If you're referring to the Windows task bar and you have your Sim set to windowed mode, then it may be because the task bar is NOT locked. Right click the task bar and see my screen shots. Consequently, chose properties for more options.

Yeah, it's Windows 7, but that same should be in 8-11 or there's another facility for that. I have Win 10 installed in a virtual machine so would have to check.

1.jpg

2.jpg

If you have a window stuck off-screen or partially off-screen, you can generally rescue things by pressing ALT+SPACE, M (ALT+SPACE+M also works) and then using the mouse or arrow keys to move the window. (ALT+SPACE is opening the window's control menu and 'M' is selecting the 'move' option from it.)

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg