Logitech Extreme 3D Pro hat switch panning in VC

benbu75

Hi all. I've been trying to get back into one of my favorite pastimes since the early 90s, so I purchased FSX: SE and have been trying for a few weeks to get it set up properly. Today, the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro arrived and I have it mostly set up and everything seems to work as expected, except my ability to look around in the VC via the hat switch, and even the twist right/left on the joystick for a quick look. The issue (on both, but more so on the hat switch) is that whatever direction I move the hat switch it moves about 10 degrees in that direction, then immediate tries to snap to center, giving a shaking effect and not actually panning.

This only happens inside the VC. If I go to the spot view, it functions exactly as I would expect it to, panning until released, then holding the position. In the 2D cockpit (those a/c that have them) it functions as the number pad keys would. I don't mind flying like that, but I'd like to enjoy the experience of flying in a VC.

I do have EZCA installed also and the hat switch behaves exactly the same there. I have the hat switch mapped to "View (pan)"

Any ideas about how I can configure this properly? I have no idea what to do here.