Here we go again - a flying bike

Flying bike lol.... its just a passenger drone from what I see

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Well, I can read the article, but without enabling the incredibly long list of Javascript I'd have to allow (I use NoScript for protection), I can't see the video. Hope it's not vaporware, though, since it might be interesting.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Thanks, Charlie. Neat stuff, but that's nothing like a bike, just a very large octocopter with a person on board manipulating a remote control, in the first half. The second half shows what might be a second prototype with more integrated controls, but the video jumps around so much that I wonder if it's manipulated in ways similar to photoshop rather than a true video of something that happened.

In any case, while the first half showed low level in a single field in a small area, the second half showed flying that, at least in the U.S., would probably be illegal, as nearly as I could tell.

The Jetson One is fully electric and you don't even need a pilot's licence to fly it

In the U.S. you certainly would need a license, since it's obviously much heavier than 250g, and since it carries a person it will need to be certified, perhaps experimental (limiting sales and operations) or else a long, drawn out test period working with the FAA on a new category perhaps.

So I don't think it likely to be available soon in the U.S., even if that above statement is true in the UK.

Still, it's an interesting adaptation of drone tech.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!