Let AI fly the plane question?

ColR1948

I often let the AI fly the plane as I like to just follow and look at the aircraft/scenery, some aircraft work well using this other don't, but my question is by letting the AI fly the aircraft I notice there must be a radius of the flights.

What I mean is if I start at airport A the AI flies the aircraft to a random airport maybe 100 miles away or nearer, so if I for example decide to pick a large airliner it never flies long distance as perhaps it would in real life.

Does anybody know where the file might be that has this radius in it that perhaps it can be edited to increase the radius I was thinking maybe have the edited file for long distance and not use it for short distance flights?

Col.

Hi, Do you mean to create an AI flight plan or one I am flying myself?

To be honest I'm not too sure how to do either in XP, I can do it in FS but not looked in to doing it in XP.

I think you mean to create one I am flying myself then let the AI take over, it may work, but if I find out how to create an AI plan I don't think I can view and follow an AI aircraft unless you know how.

Edited: Just found this so going to experiment:

http://www.xpgoodway.com/download.html

Col.

Edited by ColR1948

Update for the above, luckily I didn't spend the money to get the full version of Goodway, it crashed XP and the lads on the org told me they had folded, so best leave that one.

I managed to find a a site that lets you select the airport code dep and arr then it creates a flight plan, you then insert in the FMC. I thought I had managed it, i seemed to be heading in the right direction but the autopilot kept me at the same altitude when I was getting close so I quit the sim, I'll struggle on.

Col.