Mesh and Photoreal Sceneries?

Grover2005

I am confused regarding (well, lots of things actually!), but in P3d world, Terrain Mesh and Photoreal sceneries. Starting with a fresh install of P3d Ver 5.3 Hotfix 3, Should I add something like FreeMeshX Global and then Photoreal Sceneries on top of that? If I do, how do I place them in priority in the Scenery Library? I hope the question is clear enough...Thanks for the assistance!

Steve in Kansas

7 Miles NW of KGCK

It's like a house: starting with 'foundation' then 'walls and bricks' finaly 'the paint'.

Fsim: 'Mesh', 'Landclass' and finally 'Textures'; if you keep this order in your Install sequence

(immediately after the Fresh Install) the priority should be fine. (I recommend: first make a full b-up of

yr fresh Install) You can allways easely manage yr scenery priority in yr Scenery Library afterwards.

However this may optically mixup your Scenery.cfg file in: C:\Programdata\Microsoft\FSX...

Off course, this all is my opinion only....

Edited by piet06273

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

It's like a house: starting with 'foundation' then 'walls and bricks' finaly 'the paint'.

Fsim: 'Mesh', 'Landclass' and finally 'Textures'; if you keep this order in your Install sequence

(immediately after the Fresh Install) the priority should be fine. (I recommend: first make a full b-up of

yr fresh Install) Off course, this is all my opinion only....

Er, did you forget the highest resolution MESH always takes priority in P3d, regardless of location of placement..?

ALWAYS remove the lower quality Mesh first.

Granted, equivalent quality takes priority according to your assertion, but why would anyone have multiple Meshes? Just delete the lowest res.