ASE has stopped working

rhodges

I apologize if I have this in the wrong forum, but I do not see a spot where I know it might belong. I am having this problem with active sky environment in both FSX and FS9. I have posted this on the Active Sky forum as well. I thought it might get more exposure here and someone might know a solution.

Yesterday, when I tried to start Active Sky Environment, I get the following error message:

"ASE has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

1. Tried restarting the computer

2. Disabled antivirus and firewall

3. Tried the repair function for ASE.

4. Removed ASE and deleted the folder with all files

5. Reinstalled ASE

Still get the same results.

Notes: I am still running Windows 7. I have disabled all automatic updates to Win7 months ago. ASE worked fine until now. For good measure I saw that I still had Active Sky Advanced on my computer, so activated it and it works fine. I thought of going ahead and purchasing/installing the latest and greatest version of active sky, but am apprehensive that I might have the same problem with it.

Anybody been down this road and know a solution.

RTH

I find it interesting it spat out some verbiage that Windows will TELL YOU if there's a solution. I can only imagine a dumb blonde joke right now...

Anyway, what does Event Viewer say? Go to the Windows Start orb, in search begin entering: Event Viewer. Double click Windows Logs. Right click Application and save the file. Now zip that file. You'll have to share that file via a third-party file sharing website like Mega. Do the same thing for the System category. I just need to see Application and System. Not the whole gamut.

Retrace your steps. What did you do prior to this error happening?

Was there an anti-virus signature update prior to this issue?

Install any software? Drivers? Hardware?

Any software that got updated prior to the issue?

Edited by CRJ_simpilot