MSFS 2020 on multiple computers

I am fairly new to the hobby and have been trying to build a 737 cockpit. In addition to FS2020, I have also purchased FSUIPC. I have two computers, both of which have 3 each displayports on the graphics card. How can I run FS2020 on two computers so that I can run the Capt. monitor, Upper EICAS monitor and F/O monitor (etc.) on the second computer? Is there additional software required?

Thanks so much for any help!

“ Is there additional software required?”

Yes, another copy of MSFS2020?

I don’t know if you’ll next any extra software, but to run the sim on two PCs (at the same time) you may need to buy another copy. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Thanks for the response Steve. To do what you're saying, the two sims would be independent, they would not talk to each other. I just want to be able to off-load some of the resources to a second computer and the game computer focused on the game. as an example, the second computer would run First Officer's monitor and the upper and lower EICAS monitors (etc.)

Yes, what you will end up with is a huge sync headache, two cards would most likely work out fine.....

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

• 10 months later...
I am fairly new to the hobby and have been trying to build a 737 cockpit. In addition to FS2020, I have also purchased FSUIPC. I have two computers, both of which have 3 each displayports on the graphics card. How can I run FS2020 on two computers so that I can run the Capt. monitor, Upper EICAS monitor and F/O monitor (etc.) on the second computer? Is there additional software required?

Thanks so much for any help!

I have the same question and am in the same boat per say. I have 13 monitors for my home sim and I currently use XP12 for training etc., I would like to do the same with MSFS20. Please let me know if there is a way to do it w/o having to buy a copy for each machine. I have 5 units.

This was the main reason I switched to XP for training and all my pereferials are easily plug and play. So far I have MSFS on one machine and it is not so friendly… :frowning:

I have the same question and am in the same boat per say. I have 13 monitors for my home sim and I currently use XP12 for training etc., I would like to do the same with MSFS20. Please let me know if there is a way to do it w/o having to buy a copy for each machine. I have 5 units.

This was the main reason I switched to XP for training and all my pereferials are easily plug and play. So far I have MSFS on one machine and it is not so friendly… :frowning:

Install MSFS on each unit. Then use MSFS on one unit at a time.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that running the sim, synchronised, on two PCs is just not possible.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but the way the OP was phrased seems to presume that it is possible and that he'd just like to know how to do it. If that's how the OP was meant to be interpreted, someone gave you very bad information!

As others have said, you might be able to get more displays using two GPUs, but I think the chances of that working is minimal, at best. Intuitively, I would think that something like SLI would be required to ensure the GPUs are synchronised, but I'm not sure. SLI is anyway not implimented in MSFS.

Sorry for taking a dump on your idea, but I think you should keep expectations nice and low.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

Not sure why people think syncing multiple computers would be a problem when FSX was able to do what the OP asked using WideView over a network. And using multiple monitors on one computer wouldn't require SLI either (it also isn't supported on current GPUs anyways).

The big question is whether MSFS has the support and/or APIs to allow connecting more than one instance of the sim to do so, which I don't think it does. Another problem would be the way the licensing works with the Microsoft Store and Steam allowing for installing on multiple computers, but only being able to run the sim on one at a time. Not sure either store would allow for buying multiple copies for your own use, so you would probably need a second account, which will get messy.

At the moment the best solution is to try using multiple monitors connected to one PC. If you need more ports for the additional monitors, you would need an additional GPU.

Edit: Should have read the WideView site in more detail as it does appear to support MSFS and would allow for what the OP was asking. It does look like you would need to use separate Microsoft Store or Steam accounts for each PC in order to buy multiple copies of the sim.

https://www.wideview.it/downloads/wideview-2021-manual.pdf

Edited by loki

Not sure why people think syncing multiple computers would be a problem ...

Well, fair enough. That's pretty cool and I had no idea this existed!

You learn something new every day, I guess...

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

Well, fair enough. That's pretty cool and I had no idea this existed!

You learn something new every day, I guess...

Always a good day when you learn something new.

Another way to think of keeping things in sync is that is exactly what the various multi-player games and sims have been doing for decades now. You don't need to transfer a lot of data for it to work (position, speed, direction etc.), and really just need to be able to send it fast enough to keep each computer in sync. Each individual computer will handle the heavy lifting, such ass rendering the actual images sent to their monitors etc.