No Nav frequencies given in fs2020 Even for flight plans-Tell me this isn't so

Hopefully this is an oversight on my part and not something omitted from the current build of msfs2020.

The only way I can get the ILS frequencies is to go bail out of FS2020 and search for approach charts or simply ILS frequencies at a given field. This is was an essential part of FSX and something expected as a basic real world simulation. You can't land using just GPS and while its essential to get you close, however forcing you to go VFR on approach is sadly astonishing. Simulating IMC approaches are impossible without the glide path provided by the localizer and paired glide slope frequencies. Hopefully I have overlooked this essential piece.

Much thanks.

Processor 11th Gen Intel® Core i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060

You need to click on 'FILTERS' on the bottom left of the World Map Page and switch Navaids to ON.

Unfortunately you have to activate the Navaids again when you restart the sim - or you can download the world_map_filters_mod.zip from the library here which switches them on permanently.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Tim, Thanks that Link seems dead.

I believe I had the filter properly set but no Nav frequencies were shown. Have to reactive Nav aids after each restart? Wow that's pretty lame. Thanks but completely unexpected.

Otherwise, where does the required log in have to take place? Can you please verify that link, no connection here in the US.

Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060

Tim I believe the only NAV frequencies shown or that at least the only ones I could find are approach and departure frequencies for COM not glide slope or localizer ones.

If they are supported in 2020 they seem to be well hidden but why?

Thanks

Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060

Tim, Thanks that Link seems dead.

I believe I had the filter properly set but no Nav frequencies were shown. Have to reactive Nav aids after each restart? Wow that's pretty lame. Thanks but completely unexpected.

Sorry about the link, the file is in the Library here - just search for world map filters mod.

There are no green feathers any more. To see the ILS navaids you need to zoom right in to the airport and click on the navaid icon at the end of each runway. The frequency is displayed at the bottom of the info panel on the right of the screen. Note that runways with identical ILS frequencies sometimes have just one navaid in the centre of the runway.

Edited by tiger1962

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Tim thanks I will look in the library on this site for this filter mod.

I think I tried just what you described regarding the missing feathers (ILS localizer freq) in MS2020 but clicking on the closest Navaid "dot" contained no frequencies but that could have been because the particular runway I was examining did not actually have a localizer associated with it as is the case in real world scenarios. Ill try this again on a known runway with localizer.

Much thanks!!

Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060

Tim got the file you created and posted to the library. Thanks. I did not make any changes to it just loaded the extracted worldmap filter folder placing it in the community folder since it appears that all filters are active by default with this mod before I attempt any particular configuration otherwise.

Presume the readme other contents of the folder are OK for residing inside the community folder as well.

The more familiar I am getting with the 2020 version (quite a curve in some respects) the more question arise. You know a billion monkeys can get Shakespear eventually so it seems best to ask questions rather than attempt to research on my own given the huge amount of subject content in a manual if one existed. I have therefore some follow-on questions regarding the FS2020 version that simply isn't obvious to me regarding broader topics like, having landed at an airport now deciding to ge "free flight" to another destination, is there anyway to 1) reverse the route using it to return to the originating airport without having to do a restart of FS2020 to return AND 2) is there a way to get to the flight planner without having to restart FS2020 to create a flight plan--a true free flight mode.

Would you care to provide some insight or should I just post to the forum.

Thanks again for your assistance and insight in being a valuable approachable asset to this community!

Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060

You're very welcome and thank you too! Re: creating a flightplan having landed - the only way is to press Esc and go back to the World Map screen unfortunately.

Thanks was afraid that might be the case.

Do you know any way to change the inset map view scale so that you can see your exact location up to 50 miles, around your present location.

Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060