Airports selection anomaly

beroun

Hi

In some US states when I select Go to Airport, the State/Province does not open in the search results. In My case it is in case of Massachusetts, Maryland and Pennsylvania.

instead, the previously open state provinces show.

See attached sample. When Mass is selected in State/Provinces the previously opened Maine provinces show instead? FS Anomaly.png

Any advice appreciated

Many Thanks

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Anomalies like this are almost inevitably down to one or more incorrectly written scenery files.

In some cases even the inclusion of an unsupported punctuation mark in the scenery description can cause problems.

Also having two (or more) airfields with the same allocated ICAO (ID) code will usually cause difficulties.

Workarounds and diagnosis can include entering the ICAO code in the "Airport ID:" field instead of the name, or using the map to enter the latitude and longitude of the required field and see what the system finds when it gets there.

Resolution of the issue may be as simple as editing the problematic field with AFCAD to circumvent the symptoms, though, depending on how the scenery is written, this may introduce unwanted side effects, so keep a backup!

The indexing system isn't perfect, unfortunately, so each circumstance needs to be treated on a case by case basis … something as apparently innocuous as a hyphen or colon in the "wrong" place can often upset things!

Good luck :)

Thanks gents,

Yes Colin, the airports show in "Any Search", so therefore no big deal, can always find the airport. (Example even if KBOS does not show under Mass, it shows in any search).

Just trying to crack the FS mystery. And Chris, great points. If I crack it, will let you know.

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways