Engine Start-up taking too long

connolly44

I fly the four engine Bae146-100 and it takes a month of Sunday's to fire up the engines (I use the default B747 Throttle Quadrant).

I have tried several different sound sets but always the same long delay.

Is there any parameter within the aircraft.cfg (or another file) which will shorten the startup time?

Many thanks

Frank

Is it the sound you're hearing or just the engines? What does the N1 and N2 say? Are they not spinning up? If so, this could be and issue with an invisible fuel valve keyboard command for the fuel pump or something else. In which case if you're starting the engines manually, try the built-in automatic method instead. I think it's CTL + E. The Sim should be able to latch the fuel valves in the correct positions and what not to start the engines. The other thing here is that the use of the default throttle quadrant of the B747 could be an issue in a Bae if that quadrant (gauge) doesn't necessarily provide the needed functionality to start the engines. i.e fuel valves and what not. I mean, the code in the gauge may not activate the right internal code levers and what not.

=Off topic=

Something else here. If it's taking a whole month's worth of Sundays, best not be a month where day one is a Sunday. Otherwise that calendar month WILL contain a Friday the 13th and I wouldn't fly on that day... :D

I seem to have sorted it out.

Instead of using the Auto start key, I changed the Button to "Starter All (on/off)." Press this once then turn on the four individual Engine Control Switches on the B747 Throttle Quadrant.

Many thanks for your input

Frank