I've been trying to add Little Navmap to my MSFS but keep having a singular problem. The program works great on my computer, but when I try to open it in the sim, either on my monitor or in vr, all I get is a blank gray square. I seem to have everything set up correctly and do have the latest version, so not sure what else to try. Any recommendations or tips appreciated!!

I've been trying to add Little Navmap to my MSFS but keep having a singular problem. The program works great on my computer, but when I try to open it in the sim, either on my monitor or in vr, all I get is a blank gray square. I seem to have everything set up correctly and do have the latest version, so not sure what else to try. Any recommendations or tips appreciated!!

Try: Open LNM, then open MSFS.

During flight Alt + TAB to switch to LNM, ALT + TAB again to switch back to MSFS. & so on to Toggle between them.

TTM

TTM, thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately they made no difference! Just to be more specific, LNM connects to the sim just fine, shows the aircraft at the departure airport and all my info, but when I try to open the in game panel all I get is a blank, gray box no maps or info. That's the issue I'm trying to solve.

Okay--figured it out and it was based on my own stupidity!!

I assumed the web server started automatically when LNM was opened---it DOES NOT! It has to be manually started in settings and when I finally found a reference to that, everything worked!! Amazing what happens when you do things right!!

Okay--figured it out and it was based on my own stupidity!!

I assumed the web server started automatically when LNM was opened---it DOES NOT! It has to be manually started in settings and when I finally found a reference to that, everything worked!! Amazing what happens when you do things right!!

Can you explain what you mean by the web server. I have used LNM, in the way that TTM describes - to start it first outside of MSFS and alt-tab between them. Curious to know if there is a smoother way to do it.

For "importing" the navmap window into the sim so that it shows in the cockpit you need the ingame panels. For that I use the one from the ingame panels pack. Then, to make it work, open LNM and go to setting (the gear icon), then to web servers and turn them on. It appears that you only have to do that once and they remain on until you manually turn them off. That way the window shows the data when opened in the sim window, either in monitor mode or in vr. Hope that helps!!