Martin 4-0-4 "Mohawk" from Chicago to Bradford

peer01

After introducing the not successful Martin 2-0-2 in 1947, the Glenn L. Martin Company worked hard to improve their airliner that was supposed to replace the DC-3's. The 2-0-2 was non pressurized and some serious accidents happened because of metal fatigue in a wing spar.

In 1950 already they introduced the 404 type; pressurized, new wing parts, slightly lengthened and with P&W 2800-CB16 engines. 103 were built.

I think it's a beautiful design (esp. with the beautiful "Mohawk" livery). Pity it seems I'm the only one who posts this plane here.

Please click on the pics to enlarge:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

I made this flight before there was Drzewickie Chiacago scenery available.

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Thanks very much for your time,

GREETZ!!!:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...

Nice to see my own scenery in use!  I designed the KBFD scenery for FSX as well as KIPT, KBVI, and KSDF.  I also have a lot of MOHAWK birds in my FSX Hangar.  My main ride are Allegheny Airlines Convair 580's.  I use FS Recorder to combine many flights and fill my ramp with my chosen planes.  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152755874398264&type=3 has many Mohawk and Allegheny planes seen together on the ramp.  That's just one one many FS screenshot albums. Here's a sneak peek.

FSX ELM 1-8-15 51.jpg

FSX ELM 1-8-15 59.jpg